“Great location, great rooms”
Review of Motel on York

Motel on York
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here two nights and loved it - one of the nicest rooms we had on our trip. The location is perfect and convenient for walking around the city. My favorite part of the stay here was exploring the Otago Peninsula. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed here on day 17 of our 25 day tour of N.Z. The Motel room was clean/tidy & was comfortable. The staff were friendly & helpful. The motel is situated just a short walk from Dunedin shopping centre & restaurants. On our tour of N.Z. we have stayed in motels just in case we wanted to prepare a meal & eat in the room. This was the only place where the only facility was a microwave.(Only good enough for heating through ready meals etc.). Somehow for what was described as a superior studio room - we expected a little more.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Motel on York is situated in the heart of Dunedin City. A very short walk to the Octagon, shopping and restuarants.
I have stayed at this motel a couple of times now and have always received friendly service.
The managers help me with my luggage to the room and are able to help with any advise on restuarants and any local attractions.
The rooms are always presented to a high standard. The managers obviously try to keep everything immaculate.
We receive a complimentary newspaper and they have 50mb free internet which I found was enough for me to do my emails.
This is my motel of choice when I am in Dunedin because of the fanastic service, facilities and the location

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I have stayed at the York twice for business in the city. Both times the same impeccable, friendly service from the managers who ensure you are hosted to your room and know how everything works etc. lovely rooms with great appointments. Only thing I noted for improvement was some privacy fencing between the courtyards of the rooms with this facility. Otherwise you pop out onto what seems like a private space to find your neighbour there too...plenty of space to do this and would just add a special touch to a wonderful facility. this comment in no way detracts from the great accommodation and service. On tray continental breakfast available or breakfast restaurants close by on main st. Great location for central city business and nice alternative to std hotel rooms at larger tarrif.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I attended the hens night at this Motel on Saturday night. As soon as I arrived and politely asked what room Sam_281 was in I was greeted with suspicion. This was followed by the owner giving Sam_281 a "dressing down" for choosing to host a party there. This was 2pm in the afternoon and Sam_281 and I quietly discussed how bad we were made to feel about this situation and how we would make sure we could be reasonably quiet and ensure the place was left spotless the next day. The room was lovely and we all treated the property with the respect it deserved. I will add most of us attending were in the late 20s to late 50s age bracket so it was not like we were 18 year old gang members using the place inappropriately. To the owners I would firmly suggest clearly stating a "NO PARTY" policy and then no guests will suffer any undue judgement and you can stop worrying about your property being damaged.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends