Pomeroy's on Kilmore
Ibis Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
USD 78
  • Free Internet
Hotel 115 Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
USD 110
USD 131
USD 113
  • Room Service
Airport Gateway Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
USD 75
USD 136
USD 128
USD 89
USD 81
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 97/night.

Heritage Christchurch(Christchurch)
USD 193
USD 155
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
USD 108
USD 91
Quest Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
USD 109
USD 268
USD 221
Hotwire.com
All reviewspub next doorcraft beergarden roomgreat pub foodnew zealandfree tea and coffeeunderfloor heatingcommon kitchenelectric kettlepatio doorsbreakfast was includedcold nightb and bfresh fruitlocation is idealquiet areaenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

Pomeroys is easy walking from the city centre - it's got a great traditional British pub feel about it.

They have a substantial beer and wine selection. It's such a perfect spot for Sunday evening beers and live music.

Great beer garden in the summer!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2015

A few reviewers complained about the noise. We found it to be no problem and our room overlooked the pub. All was quiet by 10:45. The room is spacious and very clean. The shared dining room is lovely. We had a door to the garden - some furniture on the deck would be a welcome addition. Strongly recommend this B&B

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2015

We met up with some mates from South Africa and enjoyed their company in a very crowded bar!! The tables were all full because it was the weekend of the Beer Fest. We made ourselves comfy on the chairs and sofas and drank the night away. We ordered nachos, fish & chips and a venison dish. They were all awesome. The atmosphere was fun and enjoyable!! Highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

I really don't know where to start! I'd read such good reviews about this place but it still exceeded expectations.

After a truly whistle stop and fairly exhausting 9 day tour of the South Island I had booked pomeroy's for a 2 night treat before heading out of NZ and I'm so glad I did.

After i booked it I read a review saying that the Kilmore room (which I had booked) was very small so I was a little worried but I really needn't have been. Too small?! Hardly. Firstly I think it probably is smaller than the other rooms but that is reflected in the price. And there is still plenty of room. Ok I was on my own, but I don't see any reason why as a couple you would not have enough space...unless you really don't like each other...and besides, typically the idea is not to spend the whole time in the room but to get out and about.

The way they've decorated the room and used the space is delightful and clever, the en suite especially, and there's a sizeable built in wardrobe.

It's not that far a walk into the centre, I couldn't say exactly because I sort of ambled and explored as I went and so didn't take the most direct route, but i was at the botanic gardens within 20-30 minutes even going indirectly.

The breakfast was AMAZING, seriously. All the staff were so friendly and helpful while not at all being 'in your face'. There's such a relaxed atmosphere.

Helpful mini maps and leaflets in the room, not to mention some really lovely little touches which all added up to make such a fantastic stay, I only wish it could have been longer. Oh and having the pub next door? Bonus!! (I'll review that separately!)

Thank you Pomeroy's I had a simply wonderful stay and it was exactly the relaxing and re-energising stay I needed. I really hope to visit Christchurch, and yourselves, in future (for me now, a visit to Christchurch and a stay at Pomeroy's are synonymous)...my only worry is that I will have to book way in advance due to your thoroughly deserved popularity!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

The staff here are really friendly and interacted with us in a genuinely friendly and attentive way. We sampled a range of the handpulled beers and then ate in the restaurant. All the meals were delicious and my lamb pie was enough to make a grown man weep. Excellent value for money and I only wish that our local in Australia was as good as this.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends