“Love this old world charm”

Pomeroy's on Kilmore
Ranked #10 of 134 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Love this old world charm”
Reviewed 17 April 2015

Sensational rooms; really spacious with lovely attention to detail. Share kitchen, plentiful with supplies. Great pub next door, only 31 craft beers! Plus a menu that had us dancing on the tables. Well worth a visit for a night or two

Room Tip: Book early for a table at the restaurant
  • Stayed April 2015, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Christchurch
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

Pomeroys is easy walking from the city centre - it's got a great traditional British pub feel about it.

They have a substantial beer and wine selection. It's such a perfect spot for Sunday evening beers and live music.

Great beer garden in the summer!

Stayed April 2015, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 April 2015

A few reviewers complained about the noise. We found it to be no problem and our room overlooked the pub. All was quiet by 10:45. The room is spacious and very clean. The shared dining room is lovely. We had a door to the garden - some furniture on the deck would be a welcome addition. Strongly recommend this B&B

• Stayed March 2015, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2015

We met up with some mates from South Africa and enjoyed their company in a very crowded bar!! The tables were all full because it was the weekend of the Beer Fest. We made ourselves comfy on the chairs and sofas and drank the night away. We ordered nachos, fish & chips and a venison dish. They were all awesome. The atmosphere was fun and enjoyable!! Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

I really don't know where to start! I'd read such good reviews about this place but it still exceeded expectations.

After a truly whistle stop and fairly exhausting 9 day tour of the South Island I had booked pomeroy's for a 2 night treat before heading out of NZ and I'm so glad I did.

After i booked it I read a review saying that the Kilmore room (which I had booked) was very small so I was a little worried but I really needn't have been. Too small?! Hardly. Firstly I think it probably is smaller than the other rooms but that is reflected in the price. And there is still plenty of room. Ok I was on my own, but I don't see any reason why as a couple you would not have enough space...unless you really don't like each other...and besides, typically the idea is not to spend the whole time in the room but to get out and about.

The way they've decorated the room and used the space is delightful and clever, the en suite especially, and there's a sizeable built in wardrobe.

It's not that far a walk into the centre, I couldn't say exactly because I sort of ambled and explored as I went and so didn't take the most direct route, but i was at the botanic gardens within 20-30 minutes even going indirectly.

The breakfast was AMAZING, seriously. All the staff were so friendly and helpful while not at all being 'in your face'. There's such a relaxed atmosphere.

Helpful mini maps and leaflets in the room, not to mention some really lovely little touches which all added up to make such a fantastic stay, I only wish it could have been longer. Oh and having the pub next door? Bonus!! (I'll review that separately!)

Thank you Pomeroy's I had a simply wonderful stay and it was exactly the relaxing and re-energising stay I needed. I really hope to visit Christchurch, and yourselves, in future (for me now, a visit to Christchurch and a stay at Pomeroy's are synonymous)...my only worry is that I will have to book way in advance due to your thoroughly deserved popularity!

Stayed March 2015, travelled solo