All reviews lock box next morning new zealand underfloor heating last night an early flight two bedroom unit after midnight stay there again great place to stay small kitchen late arrival free shuttle great room laundry facilities bus stop convenient location
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Spacious and the host recognised that there were 4 of us so gave double milk and cookies (it's the little things). Room was large and we felt like we had our own private garden/area. Really close to town (I walked - its flat and less than 10k) and really close to the airport.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
AirportChChMotel, Manager at Airport Christchurch Luxury Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Thank-you for taking the time to review our accommodation. Your comments are both appreciated by us, and helpful to those considering staying here :-)

Reviewed 10 January 2017

When I think of the word "Motel" I usually have a mental picture of dirty old Motel rooms in inconvenient locations with questionable stains in the room, etc. However, this Motel is quite the opposite. I would have to say this Motel was nicer than most Hotel rooms I've stayed in. It was a large room, very clean, with a kitchen area and nice bathroom included in your room. The kitchen comes stocked with most kitchen hardware/kitchen utensil items you would need to be able to cook a meal in it. The managers were helpful and friendly, and also provide milk for morning tea or coffee.

The location of the Motel is very convenient (approx. less than 5 minute drive from Christchurch Airport), and the managers provide a free airport shuttle service. It's situated in a fairly quiet neighborhood and it is possible to walk several blocks to a nearby restaurant, although I believe there is also city buses that stop near the Motel. I wouldn't necessarily suggest walking to and from the Airport to the Motel, there is a fairly busy traffic intersection in between the Airport and the Motel and it's not the best for pedestrians walking through -- but it shouldn't matter because they offer a complimentary shuttle service.

My only suggestion for improvement would be this: There is a handy phone at the Christchurch Airport with extension numbers to reach the local Hotels/Motels and call for a shuttle service. I don't recall the Airport Christchurch Motel listed, but it would be extra handy if it was.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for your glowing review and constructive comments which are helpful to orther potential guests. We are pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and that the facilities provided met your needs. I have taken on board your comments re a direct phone line from the airport and have passed this on to the owners of the Motel :-)

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We had to fly out of Christchurch early and had left our last night hotel booking to the last minute (looked at the normal options earlier but were expensive). Found the Airport Christchurch on line, reasonably priced, so booked. We arrived fairly late after a long drive, reception was still open, very pleasant. Double room was very clean and comfortable, slept well, up at 4.00 am to catch taxi (organised by reception), arrived at airport in good time. Will stay again instead of at the closer but more expensive options.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for your review. We are pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and pleased that the taxi got you to the airport on time :-)

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

This motel is extremely comfortable. We found it roomy, warm and had everything we needed. We had a two bedroom unit and couldn't of asked for more. Received free wifi and real milk and decent coffee. I would have no problem recommending this motel to anyone.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Thank-you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you had a good stay with us in Christchurch.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

When I booked a reservation we explained that we would not be arriving at the airport until approximately 1 AM. Even though the office was closed, they had a lock box where they left me a code and key to my room.
The room itself is very modern, comfortable and virtually everything you needed including kitchen. I would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
AirportChChMotel, Manager at Airport Christchurch Luxury Motel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Hello Gary, thank-you so much for your review. I am glad that 'the system' worked for you and that you had a pleasant stay. It's good to know that we meet our guests' needs - this is important to us. Liz