All reviews teddy bears new zealand heritage room maid's room breakfast was excellent south island old house b bs place to stay cooked breakfast room was large long flight busy road central christchurch ann hosts earthquake
Reviewed 26 December 2014

There is nothing much to add to all comments of the visitors. This place is easy to find arriving in Christchurch after a long flight from Switzerland. We were pleased with the very warm welcome, the cosy rooms, the given advises of our hosts and not to forget, the excellent cookies (ask fo the recipe) and the teddies. This B6B can be highly recommended.

Date of stay: January 2014
Reviewed 26 December 2014

We stayed at Eliza's manor for one night before getting the tranzalpine train the next day and the room was excellent and very spacious. Ann was a lovely host, very informative and helpful. Breakfast was nice and all in all I would definitely recommend if you are in Christchurch.

Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed 22 December 2014

I stayed here with friends for four nights, two each at the beginning and end of a two week motoring tour of the South Island. As others have pointed out the ambience, food and attentiveness of Ann and Harold are superb. What I particularly appreciated was Ann getting up to greet me at the front door at 1:00 AM when my airport shuttle bus arrived. And then getting up at 4:30 AM on the morning I left to see me safely on the shuttle bus back to the airport.

The hotel is within walking distance of downtown Christchurch and is also close the local restaurants (Ann recommended a particularly good Thai place a couple of blocks away).

My Eliza's Manor teddy bear is a lovely reminder of the stay.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2014

Feel guilty at leaving it so late to review Eliza's. Like many before us we stayed here from 27/11/14 for our last 2 nights in New Zealand after a superb 3 weeks in this wonderful country. Ann welcomed us and showed us to our room upstairs but on seeing our luggage re arranged the rooms to put us on the ground floor so giving us easier access to the car park. She had a chat with us and recommended a a walk into town via the river and botanical gardens, possibly having a look at the museum. It was such a beautiful day we did the walk. This was a good idea as it poured the next day so we were able to visit the museum. Ann takes great care to find out her guests likes and needs and does her best to accommodate them. The place is cosy and homely with plenty of tea and coffee in the room and a jar of home made cookies replenished daily. Ann collects teddies and they are stacked in large numbers on shelves around the building though not in the bedrooms. Breakfasts are huge! We had to leave at 4.30am for our flight home and Ann offered to put out some breakfast for us but we declined feeling it was too early to eat. Ann insisted on getting up to see us off however, and gave us both presents. A notebook and pen for Steve and an Eliza's teddy for me. Do not miss the opportunity to stay here, you will not regret it!

Room tip: Be clear about your needs when booking and you'll get the best available
Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed 17 December 2014

We spent three lovely nights here. Ann, is the consummate host as ever, making sure we were served breakfast even when we need to leave early for our day trips. The breakfast is great!
We were pampered to say the least. Very quaint and nice accomodation with beautiful gardens.
I would have given them six stars!

Date of stay: December 2014