1,389 results
All reviews motor lodge onsite restaurant the shuttle driver next morning wake up call free shuttle late flight last night hire car bedroom unit after midnight great room an overnight stay great place to stay electric blankets road noise new zealand
Reviewed 13 August 2018

An excellent start and conclusion to our trip. We appreciated having our car stored at the property, with courteous and friendly service providing transfers to and from the airport at any hour of the day. Our room was nicely warm and welcoming after a late night arrival.
The optional breakfast though is rather too expensive.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I was worried how our shuttle from the airport would be as we would be arriving in Christchurch at 1 AM on a Monday morning. We called the place and the shuttle bus was there in just a few minutes. The shuttle bus guy was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was quiet and the room was modern with good facilities. The bed was very comfortable with a high quality mattress. Very nice place.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

My husband, son and I stayed here for one night before leaving New Zealand. It was literally 5 mins from the airport. We were very pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room - very 'boutique' with high quality bedding, towels and furniture and lots of space. It also had a kitchen area although we ate in the restaurant for convenience - also great. Our transfer to the airport at 5am in the morning was complimentary and very efficient. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I did a round the World trip for a month and stayed here before and after my flights. Also left car here, which was parked again conveniently in front of my room on return. Very friendly, helpful and efficient staff at reception, restaurant and the very prompt shuttle service. After my long flight back I stayed in one of the upgraded rooms at the rear, which was very quiete, and slept a for 12 hours. Thank you Airport Gateway Lodge, I will definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We were staying across the street at the Airport Palms Motel, we didn't have a car and it was raining, so we didn't want to venture far. There is a relatively small restaurant in the rear of the main building, just past the reception desk. I had very, very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. I had the South Island Salmon and really liked it. the vegetables were fresh and not overcooked. The au gratin potatoes were very tasty. The salmon was cooked just right (at least for my taste - rare if it had been a steak). I especially liked the caper based sauce. My wife had the BBQ chicken breast along with some potatoes and vegetables. The chicken was very dry and not very good; so one above average meal and one below average meal. The service was good. I've attached some photos.

Thanks for reading. I’ll appreciate a thumbs up below if you’ve found this helpful.

Date of stay: February 2018