All reviewsbread makerquay roomlake viewlakes restaurantlakefront suiteroom servicewedding nightclose to the airportmini barwonderful staynice roomnew zealandchristchurch airportsouth islandcity centrevillabreadmaker
Reviewed 13 August 2018

My stay was awesome the staff were friendly and helpful the meal was awesome my compliments to the chef. the only thing was not enough tea bags i am are big tea drinker the room was clean and warm will be coming back for sure so thank you all

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Reception was friendly and patient when explaining details during check-in.

A little signboard with chocolate was made to welcome and congratulate us as I had indicated that my wife and I were on a honeymoon trip to NZ.

The large bed in the room was really big! Clean was clean and spacious. Everything was great except that the floor of the toilet was really cold as it was winter.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I stayed at Clearwater on many occasions. My first few stays were the two bedroom apartment which have excellent facilities and large bedroom. However the toilet on the ground floor was relatively small. The staff even toast the bread for us inside the oven. My third visit was the big house of 4 bedrooms which is another good visit but the house is hard to find and staff just explain the ways to go around. However, my last visit in December was relatively disappoint. We decided to get a studio as we only need a night before catching the flight in the morning. The hotel staff has limited service as usual, the room is far and the staff told us the direction but we ended up try to figure out the location of our room. The room has limited amenities with toilet nearly a part of the room, the room is relatively small.

I would recommend this hotel to those who love to play golf, getting a nice room with exceptional lake and gold course view, and getting either big apartment of a big house. However, I would never recommend the studio room as it is small and not worth the value that you are paying for.

Room Tip: Book the 1 or 2 bedrooms apartment. Avoid studio and run of house
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Chris H, Manager at Peppers Clearwater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback Chakrit, its great to hear you enjoy staying with us. Our rooms are spread out across the resort and can get a little confusing to locate. I know the staff are happy to take all guests to their rooms to stop them getting lost and apologize if this has not been offered on your previous stays.

I see in your pervious you had booked our "Lake Front Suite " and agree is very spacious.

We hope you continue to stay with us at Peppers Clearwater in the future

Chris Hurst

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We had a Lakeview Room, that was comfortable and in a lovely location. Office staff friendly and helpful and attended to problems quickly. Cleaning staff not so good and left our room door wide open and unattended. Good WiFi. Laundry facility available that we did not use.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great to hear you are traveling around New Zealand in Motor Home and chose to stay and relax with us at Peppers Clearwater Resort. Thank you for your feedback on the room being left open and apologies that this occurred during your stay. Guest Security is something the Hotel looks at seriously and we have let you down on this occasion.

Hopefully when you are next driving through Christchurch you choose to stay with us again.

Chris Hurst,

Reviewed 2 August 2018

The Quay room was spacious and looked out, over a pond. The Room Service was wonderful and delivered by Buli, along with his amazing smile. The only aspect that did concern me, was how slippery the tiles were, getting to our room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chris H, Manager at Peppers Clearwater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

We appreciate your feedback on your stay at Peppers Clearwater Resort. Its a great view over the 8th Hole of the Golf Course and Buli was excited to hear your feedback. We have looked at the tiles leading up to the room and are looking at improving the grip strips that are currently in place on the tiles.

Hopefully you can come and stay in the Summer with some warmer weather.

Chris Hurst