See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Positives - Close to everything in Christchurch. staff was friendly, had a microwave and a awsum bathroom/toilet facilities. Bedding was also great.

Negatives/positive- I felt like I needed a degree to operate the heater but once sorted had a super warm sleep
Negatives- had to pay for internet and was slow as dial up
Negatives- there was a fragrant smell seemed to be covering up old stale smell of possibly mold.
overall id rank this joint 7/10.

Room Tip: We had to pay for wifi five bux a night. Really this should be included into the overall charge.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2014

Great motel near center of town. Can walk to Hadley Park. Rooms had kitchenette with coffee and tea, also cream. Heated pads on beds which were great on chilly nights. Only downside was $5 charge each day for WiFi.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were desperate for accommodation at a reasonable price so ignored poor reviews and stayed here for 3 nights in February 2014. A pleasant surprise! Dated decor does not matter. We stayed in 2 different rooms and found both spacious, clean, comfortable and not noisy. One was opposite the bus stop. Very convenient to the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I would never stay here again. First the bed was uncomfortable, and the street noise was so loud I had to wear ear plugs. When I went into the bathroom in the morning, almost fell from the water all over the bathroom floor. Looked up, and saw the water dripping from ceiling. Asked mgt to fix, and they later said they did. Wrong, still dripping. They said they had another room I could stay in, for more money, showed it to me, and it had a nasty smell. Not only that, but they charge you extra for everything. I ended up finding another hotel just down the road a bit, so still had great access to the park, and a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Higher floors are above leaking water pipes.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

we only stayed one night as we were visiting the Hospital around the corner and it was an unexpected night in Christchurch from the westcoast . We arrived and checked in the man was plesant I asked for a porta cot for my 9 month old baby and was charged an extra $10, my 12 yr son and I had single beds . We went back to the hospital and put the heater on before we left as it was 3 weeks ago when we had the snow ,very cold.we arrived back about 10.30 and the room was freezing Tried all sorts of buttons on this heater but it would not go I put my baby in bed with me thankfully there were electric blankets , in the morning I told the man we were so cold in that room be said I should have gone to reception , I told him it was 10.30 pm and that I put my baby in with me and didn't use the porta cot as it was just to cold for a baby he did not seem at all interesed. The shower in the morning was the worst water pressure we still didnt warm up . my son and I now have a private joke about the stay at the Cherry tree motels

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family