See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2013

we only stayed one night as we were visiting the Hospital around the corner and it was an unexpected night in Christchurch from the westcoast . We arrived and checked in the man was plesant I asked for a porta cot for my 9 month old baby and was charged an extra $10, my 12 yr son and I had single beds . We went back to the hospital and put the heater on before we left as it was 3 weeks ago when we had the snow ,very cold.we arrived back about 10.30 and the room was freezing Tried all sorts of buttons on this heater but it would not go I put my baby in bed with me thankfully there were electric blankets , in the morning I told the man we were so cold in that room be said I should have gone to reception , I told him it was 10.30 pm and that I put my baby in with me and didn't use the porta cot as it was just to cold for a baby he did not seem at all interesed. The shower in the morning was the worst water pressure we still didnt warm up . my son and I now have a private joke about the stay at the Cherry tree motels

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank murray f
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Upon arrival we were taken back by the gastly food smell at reception, which by the way remained every time we entered the reception, any time of day!! The room was adequate, with a very firm, double bed. The decor is rather unusual with "spider web like black string" curtains acting as shadow curtains but not providing any privacy. the string curtains are tied with a large red rose. We have not encountered this anywhere else in Nz or overseas on out travels ,ever!! The room has no cloth curtains but rather a pattened blind, which makes it a very cold atmosphere. The bathroom is outdated and there is no heater in the bathroom. The shower water pressure reduces as the heat of the water increases, so one ends up with a trickle for a warm shower. The motel is located close to a busy road and railway line. The outlook is onto an unkept, weedy garden and next door neighbour's windows. The service was poor, second day no face cloths.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David2111
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Nice staff but rooms very basic and utilitarian. Sad outlook into neighbouring house's windows and large skip bin. Squashed spider on bathroom floor, but otherwise clean. Comfortable bed however I really wanted 2 pillows. small shower which barely got hot.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Bel-Ware
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Our stay started badly. We had booked via wotif and prepaid for the room but the owner insisted we hadn't. Fortunately we had the receipt and were able to prove we had already paid.

This motel was noisy - lots of noise from the busy road even though we were set back from the road. The bathroom contained dead insects and the hairdryer didn't work. The room was very basic.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kowhaikiwi
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

This place used to be good, but now just so run down. Carpet is threadbare, planning and organization slack (booked for three people and got one double bed) eventually got a new room after an argument. Room was dirty, stained, wall are was a piece of A4 paper in a frame made poorly by the owner, prob the worst I have ever had in Christchurch. Service was poor, attitude worse, bad experience all round. AVOID at any cost.

• Stayed: September 2012