Flag Hotel Camelot Cathedral Square
Heritage Christchurch(Christchurch)
USD 193
  • Pool
Hotel 115 Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
USD 110
USD 129
USD 122
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
USD 93
  • Restaurant
Airport Gateway Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
USD 75
Hotwire.com
  • Free Internet
USD 221
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights and am impressed with the entire experience. The rooms are impeccably clean, and very comfortable. A nice relaxing atmosphere. Nice sized rooms...not small and pokey like many hotel rooms. The location is perfect! Right in the middle of the square with buses stopping all around you so never short of transport. Very friendly and helpful staff. The Camelot is my new place to stay in Christchurch. Wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Arrived and was pleased to see position and that we had a view overlooking cathedral square.
Room was large two double beds with electric blanket,but we always travel with hot water bottle.
The reviews we had read were correct,it is noisy at night as the backpackers is next door and being central to other hotels the square is a stop and drop,but if the noise worries you,use some ear pugs,we found the views worth putting up with the noise ,espessially as it rained non stop day and night for the 7 days and nights,so was great to sit with a fan radiater ,sipping a drink and looking out over the square at all that was happening outside.
Yes there is bell ringing practice at the cathedral for 2 hours tuesday,but we enjoyed it.
The staff all nice and helpful,while it is a budget hotel,it was better than we expected.
Was not impressed with the breakfast,better value at Bailles part of the old warner hotel near by.
A shame as breakfast was dissapointing made us decide not to eat in the restuarant for other meals.
Did enjoy the meals at Bailees,close by.
The highlight of trip was the Tranzalpine rail trip,light snow on top of several mountain peaks,great commentary ,terrific staff,also great to get free pick up to train,and only 5.OO TRANSFER BACK.Terrific so close to free city circle bus,free to top shops and frr bus to casino,cheap meals at casino,but did find the buffet lunch had gone back from last visit was dissapointed.
It was the wettest period on record,but because of our great view we still had a good time.
We also enjoyed the church service on sunday morning,and after a bit of a hassle we found the right metro bus that got us to,northland and westfield, great airflight with pacific blue ,
Back home and saving hard to have another adventure ,thanks to everyone who submits to trip advisor enabling us to have great budget holidays

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merlie
Reviewed 29 March 2010

This hotel is in a very central location, but that also means noise from the Square and of course lack of parking. Other than that, the hotel was clean, rooms roomy, beds lovely to sleep in.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank janeys25
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Good location right in the square overlooking the cathedral. Can get noisy with the single pane windows and the staff are not the friendliest. Big room and huge bed but 2 single mattresses pushed together with one duvet cover can be uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank shawshank81
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I've stayed in the Camelot hotel twice on different dates. The first night I had a room facing the cathedral and the cathedral square. It surely is a nice view but very noisy too! The windows are made of single glass and one of them couldn't be closed entirely. I heard every single noise - I even overheard people's conversations on the square. Unfortunately this part of Christchurch never gets quiet. The busses and trams stop driving after a certain time but the people continue to make noises until early morning. When I checked out the following day, I asked the lady at the reception to reserve a more quiet room for me, as I was to stay there again at the end of my tour (yep, all my hotel bookings were done by a tour operator, so I didn't really have a choice). When I checked in there again for the second night, I found out they indeed gave me the most quiet room they had, even though it also had single glass windows and was still a little noisy, being at the back of the building. The room was a lot nicer and cleaner than the first one too (the bathroom of that room looked quite dirty. The white marbled walls looked black, as if there had been a fire). Even though my second stay was a lot better than the first one, I wouldn't rate this hotel as a three star, but rather as a two star accommodation. To end on a positive note: the staff was excellent. They really did an effort giving me the quiet room and they were very friendly!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo