See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed with Pam for two nights while we visited Christchurch and reorganized for our flight to the north island. Couldn't have been better.

The location is between the center city and the airport, easy to find from any direction. It's a longish but lovely walk to the center city, through leafy suburbs, parks, and botanic gardens. We enjoyed seeing the city on foot, so this worked well for us.

As others have said, Pam is a wonderful B&B host(ess). The only room is delightfully comfortable, has great lighting, and tea service, wine glasses, and nice warm towels are all supplied.

Pam gave us a great orientation, providing maps, ideas, and restaurant menues. Breakfast included the most wonderful fresh fruits, yogurts, homemade muesli, and whatever cooked breakfast you might desire.

If we have a chance to return to Christchurch, we'll certainly try to stay at Fendalton House again.

One tip: the booking form on the website didn't work for us. It looked as if it had, but no message got to Pam, so we got no response until we contacted her directly. I suggest skipping the online form and going direct, either by email or telephone.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Thank you very much for a lovely review, it was so nice to have such relaxed and happy guests. And I am pleased to say that the booking form has been removed. Best of luck with your weather and travels

Reviewed 25 December 2016

We stayed six nights in this cosy and comfortable homestay with only one guestroom.
The breakfast was excellent every day. We felt like home with the warmhearted and caring hospitality of Pam.
The place is located central to the maintown but very calm.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review, I am always very grateful. And I am very glad you liked it here, i think you had a good time in New Zealand. Best wishes for all your future travels.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

B&B is perfectly located, with walking and bus access to Hagley Park, airport, Riccarton Bush and Westfield Mall. Pam provides the perfect quiet environment for recovery from the trip and orientation for a month touring South Island. Riccarton Farmers Market is 5 minutes walk on Saturday mornings. 5 minute walk to the bus for the airport or downtown. Breakfast is whatever you want. 15 minutes walk to the Saturday morning ParkRun in Hagley Park.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review, I hope that you are enjoying running around your hills in Colorado, I think you did quite a bit more running here than just in the Park. It is great to see people enjoying being here.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Pam is a very kind and warmhearted lady. The house is very nice and calm with beautiful flowers in the garden. I really enjoyed my stay there. And l had the best breakfast in hotels ever. I felt like being at home. :-)

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review on your busy trip. I really enjoyed having you here and I hope you saw some whales on the next part of your journey.

Reviewed 20 July 2015

I had a wonderful stay with Pam at Fendalton House. She made me feel very welcome and the room was warm, comfortable and full of thoughtful touches to make the stay something special. The breakfasts were delicious and made with produce from her own garden. Thanks for a lovely break!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Thank you very much for writing a review, I really do appreciate the time and care that it takes to do a review, thanks again.