See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2014

Decided to ditch the hotels and look for a more interesting place to stay for a 1 week business trip to Christchurch. Had a wonderful time, Pam was a great hostess and provided the most amazing breakfasts each morning. Pam would ask what I would like for breakfast the evening before and each breakfast was great. . The house is off the main road and very quiet with a nice small yard and area to read outdoors. Fendalton House is about 3 blocks from the Riccarton Bush which is a nice open area for a walk. It is also close enough for a long walk to the Botanical gardens,(approximately 20-30 minute walk each way). Great place to stay and I will return on the next trip.

Room Tip: One room B&B only so you are the only ones there. In a residential neighborhood. Very comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Thank you very much, and I enjoyed having you to stay. I always feel lucky having interesting people as guests.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

First place we stop when we land in NZ, The Second time we've stopped here, Pam's a great host, very helpful, always does a great breakfast, to start us off on our travels. Very quiet, only a short walk to shops, bars, and restaurants. Great food in the Fox & Ferret Bar!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank YamahaUk
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2015

It was lovely having you here and apologies, I thought I had replied to your review before, thank you very much for taking the time to do it. And it was so nice to have you return to stay again. That is always such fun.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I doubt you will find a more friendly, generous host anywhere else in NZ. We arrived from the Trans Alpine Express and were immediately invited to share a bottle of wine in Pam's delightful garden whilst we planned where to eat. As we were catching the 7am Coastal train the next morning we were expecting a basic continental breakfast but Pam insisted on giving us the full works at 5.45! Everything is very comfortable and relaxing and within easy walking distance of the restaurants of Riccarton Road and a short taxi ride from the station.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosemary F
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you, it was very enjoyable meeting you, I hope the rest of your travels went well.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was my first time in Christchurch on a work trip, I was very well looked after over the 6 nights that I was here. Pam was a very hospitable host and I even met her family on day one. The room was daily cleaned and the large bed was very comfortable. Every morning, I looked forward to a large breakfast with my favourite bacon and eggs with orange juice (and 3 other specials). Less than 20 minute walk will get you to a westfield mall, restaurants and parks. As I said, very comfortable stay. Thank you Pam!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review, I enjoyed having you to stay and hope that you return to Christchurch.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Pam was very attentive from the start, she rang us to find out when we were arriving, and was very flexible as we were later than expected. She greeted us with chocolate brownies and a cup of tea, and showed us to our lovely room.
The room had a comfy large bed and a clean and spacious ensuite.
She recommended a restaurant for us, which was nice.
We both slept well that night, and in the morning we had the best breakfast I have ever had at a B&B. The table was set to perfection, and we firstly had homemade muesli, yogurt and fruit and orange juice. Then we were given the option of full English or special of the day which was French toast on the first day, and pancakes on the second day.

It was lovely to be treated so well. And I have to say this is really what a B&B should be like. Personal, comfortable, and inviting.

Thanks Pam

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jm_uk471
fendie, Owner at Fendalton House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you so much, that is a lovely review. And I really enjoyed having you to stay, I hope things continue to go well for you.