“First night”

Ranked #34 of 133 Restaurants in Blenheim
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Arrived in Blenheim restaurant recommended to us. Tuesday night wasn't busy. We went for the daily special of Lasagne. It was delicious obviously home made & so tasty along with the red wine recommended by the owner. Def worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Ive been living in Blenheim for over 4 years and I have never been to Roccos. But my neighbour asked me out for a meal and he suggested Roccos. Wow, service, food, atmosphere very warming and comfortable and a great choice of food to order.
If you want a good meal with variety of steak, fish, or seafood, Lasanga and Pastas there is plenty to choose from,

Reviewed 17 February 2017

After a long day of tasting in the locale, we were desperate for some hearty Italian food to soak up some of the wine! We stumbled upon Rocco's and this ticked all the right boxes. You have to see past the dated decor, although to me that kind of adds to its quirky charm, and focus on the food. It does exactly what you would want a decent Italian to do. The menu offers a good range of pasta, fish and meat (no pizza) and they also have a specials menu. They had no issue with adapting the daily special to remove the bacon for me to make it vegetarian. As would be expected for its location, the wine list is fabulous.

The food arrived very promptly and at once I realised the error of not paying attention to the menu: when they say the main course portion is very large, they mean it!!! My husband managed to finish the spaghetti bolognese and it was a struggle towards the end. I didn't even come close to finishing my spaghetti with tomato sauce and chilli flakes! But it was so easy to take away so I had lunch for the next day. We also had a garlic bread so it might just have been a case of eyes bigger than our tums.....!!

Staff were very friendly, efficient and the owner was lovely to talk to.

Overall, really good value. Simple home-cooked food which does exactly what you want it to.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Last time we had visited Roccos would have to been a good 25 years ago under the original management so thought we should revisit.

I don't think the decor had changed one bit except for the empty fish tank which was full of balloons!!

Meal was average but the young waitresses should improve their greetings. Maybe we are getting a bit long in the tooth but being met with a greeting like "how are you's (maybe it was ewes) today" and "are you's (ewes) ready to order" makes one think of replying "baaaaa"!

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Didn't realised the extent that the dated decor and dark surroundings would impact on my enjoyment of the food. Place is very dated and needs an over haul. My prosciutto and melon was small and the prosciutto quite thick and fatty .. thought it was home made but told it wasn't. Tasted good. Seem to have bean sprouts with everything.