“An absolute cracker of a day!!”

Marlborough Wine Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 91.17*
and up
Full-Day Marlborough Wine Tour Including Wine...
Ranked #8 of 42 Food & Drink in Blenheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide tours around the Marlborough wineries. We make every effort to make them to individual needs where possible and include sightseeing and lots of information on the Marlborough region.
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Today's full day tour was even better than I could have imagined. Kevin picked me up bright and early to drop me to the boat trip. Juli cruised around the sounds pointing out all the beautiful wildlife and points of interest. We stopped at a cove, and I was grateful for a brew onboard. Juli was so knowledgeable about the area and happily told me about different bays and the wildlife.
Then Kevin was back for the wine tour. We stopped at Saint Clair for a delicious lunch and taster session. Then Fromm to sample organic wines. Trish is so friendly at Fromm, and obviously a wine buff!!
Then a treat visit to a chocolate factory!
I'm used to travelling alone, but this trip was magic. As the only person on the tour he kept me company throughout, told me all about the region, the vineyards and wineries, he was just a total legend.
He went above and beyond taking me to I-site to help me book a bus too, since the car rentals were booked out!!
I can't recommend this full day tour highly enough. Fantastic.

Marlboroughwinetours, Owner at Marlborough Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Hi Claire.
It was great to meet you and to hear that you had a fantastic time with our Kevin.
I will certainly let him know . Thankyou and enjoy the rest of your trip in New Zealand.
And Give my Regards to Dorset. Cheers Tricia.

All reviews
"family owned"
"great company"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We were cruising around New Zealand on the Holland America ship Noordam. Previously we had always booked excursions through the ship and this was to be our first try at going it alone. We were a little apprehensive but we certainly didn't need to be. After transferring by shuttle from the port of Picton to the i-site tourist information centre we had no trouble finding the Marlborough Wine Tour vans. There were just eight of us plus our guide/driver Katrina.
Our first stop was at Whiehaven Wines. We tasted 7 of their wines. Next stop was Omaka Springs, a lot smaller operation owned by a former British Airlines pilot. Amongst others we tried 2 vintages of Sav Blanc a 2014 and 2015. We also sampled a Gruner Veltliner (Austrian grape variety) and the olive oil they produce. Next up was Spy Valley wines. This winery gets its name from the satellite monitoring station further down the road. A large operation with a very modern cellar door. We tasted 7 wines in total. As you can imagine the conversation was flowing just like the wine by now. We went to St Clair Winery for lunch and another tasting. The wines here were considerably more expensive compared to the previous wineries we had visited. Whereas most Sav Blancs were under $20 here they were $30 +. The lunch (our expense) was excellent, My wife and I both had a warm lamb salad. This was supposed to be our last stop but Katrina our driver took us to No. 1 Estate. They only produce sparkling wine of which we tried 4. Lastly we visited a handmade chocolate shop and had a couple of samples. On the way back to the ship Katrina took us to a viewing area overlooking the Noordam. Going by this excursion we will certainly be looking at more independent tours in the future. I would have no hesitation in recommending this tour to anyone on a cruise ship. If there is a delay in disembarking they will wait for you and they also guarantee to make sure you make it back to the ship. There is no doubt this tour was excellent value for money compared to tours booked through the cruise line. We tasted far more wines, we were a group of 8 compared to perhaps 30 plus on the ships tour. Katrina was an excellent no nonsense guide and this along with great company made for a very enjoyable day.

1  Thank Greg W
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I booked this half day tour online. Andy Pike was very helpful in answering questions. Our tour guide was Kevin and he was very knowledgeable. The four vineyards that we visited were all family owned. Each presenter at the vineyard was very enthusiastic. We had lunch at our last stop on our own cost. The food was excellent. We will start looking for Sauvignon Blanc wine from New Zealand as we really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Our guide Stephen really made the day for us. Bespoke full day tour including some of our favourites and some great boutique wineries. Just one other couple in our tour so between us our preferences were catered for. The tastings were informative and enjoyable. We bought some bottles en route! Nice lunch at Geisens who also had great wines. Also enjoyed Bladens and Forrests. The highlight of the day though was Stephen our guide who was so attentive and knowledgeable about the area and the wines. He was obviously well known to the wineries who seemed to put on a little extra for us. A poor guide would ruin a tour like this but not on this occasion. We finished the day with a brief scenic drive into the hills. We have enjoyed wine tours in Napa Valley and Hunter Valley and this day exceeded our expectations.

1  Thank Weniai
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I booked online with the concern the tours would be fully booked, but I was lucky and I could get the tour.

Great customer service from Andy, who replied my email to confirm the booking as I was going to travel 8 hours plus from Christchurch due to road closed and the date I decided was the only I could visit the place.

The tour in detail:

I wen't on Thursday 5/01/17 I choose the full day tour which I think is the best choice to get in touch with the region.

I work in the wine business so I will not be impressed by just visiting boutique wineries, but I found the selection made by the tour guide KATE was outstanding, we visited wineries with soul, family owned, the wines were incredible. In total we visited 6 wine cellars with the extra of the beautiful landscape of Marlborough, plus one nice place at the end of the tour. We have lunch in one of the cellars, at your cost.

Very recommended for any wine lover, no need to be experienced, just let the team guide you.

The best of the tour: Wines, region, and an special mention to KATE the guide, her knowledge is impressive, very informative about any single detail of the tour.

More than pleased.