“Unorganized and not exactly what we expected.”

Marlborough Wine Tours
Full-Day Marlborough Catamaran Cruise with Wine Tour and Lunch
Ranked #8 of 24 Tours in Blenheim
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unorganized and not exactly what we expected.”
Reviewed 7 March 2017

My husband and I booked this tour along with a friend months before taking it. We were among the first to arrive and were led to Nikki's bus. About 10 minutes later, the owner of the company told our friend that she had to join another group because they were trying to accommodate another couple on our bus. We protested because when we sent in payment we noted that there were three of us traveling together. She insisted and pulled our friend off the bus. Then another 10 minutes later we were told to join her on Chris's bus. What? Chris provided no history or information of any kind for the duration of the trip. In fact, when asked the name of a mountain range, he did not know it! The wine tastings were nice but there were too many of them (yes, it's possible). There was even a tasting with lunch. When we arrived at our last tasting,it was clear that someone had slipped up and they were not expecting us. We were sent on our way. Chris did manage to find a fourth winery to accommodate us. P.S. chocolate stop was great!

3 Thank Jill L
Marlboroughwinetours, Owner at Marlborough Wine Tours, responded to this review, 15 March 2017
Hi Jill.
You have actually posted on the wrong site .Reason being we do not a have a Niki or a Chris working for us . If at anytime a booking for 3 people or separte booking's are made with us and you are travelling together we will make sure that you are doing the tour together. I am sorry you did not enjoy your Marlborough Wine Tour .
We are the original Wine Tour so go by the name of Marlborough Wine Tours ...only.
Unfortunately other companies use this name so the confusion.
We do hope next time that you are in Marlborough it is a much more enjoyable exprience.
Kind Regards . Tricia Pike (owner Marlborough Wine Tours.)

Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience at 4 great vineyards”
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I booked this half day tour online. Andy Pike was very helpful in answering questions. Our tour guide was Kevin and he was very knowledgeable. The four vineyards that we visited were all family owned. Each presenter at the vineyard was very enthusiastic. We had lunch at our last stop on our own cost. The food was excellent. We will start looking for Sauvignon Blanc wine from New Zealand as we really enjoyed it.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Guide Great Wines”
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Our guide Stephen really made the day for us. Bespoke full day tour including some of our favourites and some great boutique wineries. Just one other couple in our tour so between us our preferences were catered for. The tastings were informative and enjoyable. We bought some bottles en route! Nice lunch at Geisens who also had great wines. Also enjoyed Bladens and Forrests. The highlight of the day though was Stephen our guide who was so attentive and knowledgeable about the area and the wines. He was obviously well known to the wineries who seemed to put on a little extra for us. A poor guide would ruin a tour like this but not on this occasion. We finished the day with a brief scenic drive into the hills. We have enjoyed wine tours in Napa Valley and Hunter Valley and this day exceeded our expectations.

1 Thank Weniai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience, with amazing guide.”
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I booked online with the concern the tours would be fully booked, but I was lucky and I could get the tour.

Great customer service from Andy, who replied my email to confirm the booking as I was going to travel 8 hours plus from Christchurch due to road closed and the date I decided was the only I could visit the place.

The tour in detail:

I wen't on Thursday 5/01/17 I choose the full day tour which I think is the best choice to get in touch with the region.

I work in the wine business so I will not be impressed by just visiting boutique wineries, but I found the selection made by the tour guide KATE was outstanding, we visited wineries with soul, family owned, the wines were incredible. In total we visited 6 wine cellars with the extra of the beautiful landscape of Marlborough, plus one nice place at the end of the tour. We have lunch in one of the cellars, at your cost.

Very recommended for any wine lover, no need to be experienced, just let the team guide you.

The best of the tour: Wines, region, and an special mention to KATE the guide, her knowledge is impressive, very informative about any single detail of the tour.

More than pleased.

Juan.

Visited January 2017
1 Thank Juan L
Karratha, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice afternoon ”
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

This was a nice tour, we visited great wineries. Have rated a "very good" however I would probably rate it just "good" as it felt a little unorganised. We had asked for lunch on the tour but as they had combined our medium tour with people on short and long ones it was never really clear when and where we getting lunch. We were very glad we decided to eat at the first winery when the others were having their lunch (they ordered before us because we were picked up late) as the other 3 wineries we visited did not serve food! In saying that we still had a pleasant afternoon on his tour.

Visited January 2017