“Great Guide Great Wines”

Marlborough Wine Tours
USD 179.13*
Full-Day Marlborough Catamaran Cruise with Wine Tour and Lunch
Ranked #8 of 24 Tours in Blenheim
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Our guide Stephen really made the day for us. Bespoke full day tour including some of our favourites and some great boutique wineries. Just one other couple in our tour so between us our preferences were catered for. The tastings were informative and enjoyable. We bought some bottles en route! Nice lunch at Geisens who also had great wines. Also enjoyed Bladens and Forrests. The highlight of the day though was Stephen our guide who was so attentive and knowledgeable about the area and the wines. He was obviously well known to the wineries who seemed to put on a little extra for us. A poor guide would ruin a tour like this but not on this occasion. We finished the day with a brief scenic drive into the hills. We have enjoyed wine tours in Napa Valley and Hunter Valley and this day exceeded our expectations.

1  Thank Weniai
There are newer reviews for Marlborough Wine Tours

Reviewed 15 January 2017

I booked online with the concern the tours would be fully booked, but I was lucky and I could get the tour.

Great customer service from Andy, who replied my email to confirm the booking as I was going to travel 8 hours plus from Christchurch due to road closed and the date I decided was the only I could visit the place.

The tour in detail:

I wen't on Thursday 5/01/17 I choose the full day tour which I think is the best choice to get in touch with the region.

I work in the wine business so I will not be impressed by just visiting boutique wineries, but I found the selection made by the tour guide KATE was outstanding, we visited wineries with soul, family owned, the wines were incredible. In total we visited 6 wine cellars with the extra of the beautiful landscape of Marlborough, plus one nice place at the end of the tour. We have lunch in one of the cellars, at your cost.

Very recommended for any wine lover, no need to be experienced, just let the team guide you.

The best of the tour: Wines, region, and an special mention to KATE the guide, her knowledge is impressive, very informative about any single detail of the tour.

More than pleased.

Juan.

1  Thank Juan L
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

This was a nice tour, we visited great wineries. Have rated a "very good" however I would probably rate it just "good" as it felt a little unorganised. We had asked for lunch on the tour but as they had combined our medium tour with people on short and long ones it was never really clear when and where we getting lunch. We were very glad we decided to eat at the first winery when the others were having their lunch (they ordered before us because we were picked up late) as the other 3 wineries we visited did not serve food! In saying that we still had a pleasant afternoon on his tour.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We booked through Viator as a shore excursion rather than through the cruise ship. The company was Canterbury Leisure Tours. From the start our guide was excellent and knowledgeable about the region, culture and sites. We visited No. 1 Family Estate, Giesen, Omaka Springs and the Makana Chocolate factory. My favorite was Omaka Springs - the proprietor was friendly and the tasting room was unassuming as opposed to the larger wineries. Lastly, 1 person in our group had a terrible cough and our guide stopped at a pharmacy for cold relief medicine we also had another person in our group leave their credit card where we had lunch. Our guide returned to retrieve the card. It was a long day but our guide displayed the values and culture of the Island.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

This is a lovely day out in The beautiful Marlborough Wine Region.Andy our great guide gave us all his knowledge and a few jokes on the way, this was relaxing and the time flew by, as we tasted some great wines from all the friendly staff at Geisen.saint Clair.Fromm and spy valley.This is a great value tour in clean and well maintained vans.

Marlboroughwinetours, Owner at Marlborough Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Hi Carol .
Thank you for your nice comments.
It is always humbling to us when we are giving such praise .And that you had a lovely exprience