“Glad I went back. Better than average.”

Dolce Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 133 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phone number 03 579 3182
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Last time I went here I had an appallingly bad experience; so it was with trepidation that I agreed to meet a friend there. She generally chooses well so I thought what the hell...there's always coffee. Well, she had the pizza: light, fluffy base and good standard margarita. I had the seafood chowder which was full of seafood although the stock was a little bland. However, it was creamy and hearty with a good whack of well made garlic bread. The service was friendly and attentive for the most part, although it would have been good to ask if we wanted coffees (we did, and had to go up and ask) but overall I have to say you've restored my faith. I won't be balking next time I'm in town when someone suggests eating here.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Wondering what to eat and decided on a pizza. Quick service and a good range of pizzas to choose from. Wood fired pizza oven and generous toppings to boot.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

The above coffees served with marshmallows both tasted and looked very similar, but on drinking, they were both weak and lacked the flavour you would expect.

1  Thank jen h
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Arrived at seven and pizza order taken ten minutes later. Pizzas arrived a few minutes before eight and delivered in a rather matter of fact fashion. Pizzas very doughy. We are used to thin crust in UK. Fillings very average probably due to two for price of one offer. A forgettable experience!

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

the best thing in life is free! and much more that their pizzas are great. ive been there a few times and always a great experience.