All reviews spa bath beautiful stream spacious unit minutes walk away new owners one night lovely owners queen bed great room stayed for two nights enjoyed our stay good size new zealand supermarket motel tv kitchenette
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Upon arrival into Blenheim my sister and I drove past Admirals Motor Lodge where we going to be staying for the night and thought that looks nice.
We were sadly disappointed. When booked in the man who served us said to the woman behind the counter I'll just check if there is another room and she instantly snapped and said NO. Given instructions where our room was - yes around the back up the stairs. Stairwell felt dodgy and afraid you would slip. Walked into a corridor that had a lot of old lourve doors and had the old axminster carpet - found our room and oh my goodness badly needed upgrading. There were no supplies of shampoo etc not even a small bar of soap to wash our hands. The tea and coffee supplies weren't much - we had one cup each - the others were herbal tea. The room below had a party most of the night. In the morning went to turn on the shower and there was no water - not even to make a cuppa tea - thank goodness I wasn't already in shower and water had gone off. Says Free WiFi at the gate - don't be fooled we could only just check our emails that was it. I was so disappointed for my self and my sister who had made the journey from overseas.

Room Tip: No recommended
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jdtucker14
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Our one night stay at Admirals Motor Lodge was very pleasant. The room was quite spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is small, and the sink was very awkward to use - you could not stand in front of the sink because the toilet was right there. And the hot water faucet was difficult to use because of this.
The new owners were very friendly and helpful, and seemed to be working hard to update and refurbish the entire motel. Overall it was a nice place to stay on our way to Christchurch.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Warren H
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Friendly helpful service.
Room was clean and adequate. It was great to have a kitchenette in our room. The bathroom was in a very large cupboard so was quite claustrophobic, no air or window. Didn't get the greatest night sleep due to the noisy road.
It is necessary to have a car to get to the town, restaurants and other activities; so not central.This wasn't an issue for us as we had a car.

Room Tip: If not wanting to haul your luggage up a flight of stairs ask for ground floor room as there are no lifts.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackandMrs
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

So you can't smoke outside your room but you can't talk in the smoking area because its next to someone's room. The horribly rude lady owner told myself and my colleagues off for taking and planning our work day. I would have understood if we were yahooing but we weren't. Its a joke and no way I would ever stay here after that!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jennerclark
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The motel is clean, bright, and the new owners are working very hard on refurbishing, with beautiful results. Spacious rooms, big enough that our luggage was not in the way. The kitchenette is well laid out, and everything works well. There are some nice touches like a little table with two chairs (to eat, or use computer), and light switches on either side of the bed for late night reading. We also enjoyed the spa (hot tub)--the way it works is that you schedule a private 30 minute slot. It wasn't quite as hot as we prefer, but we tend to like a pretty hot spa, which would not suit many folks.
Location is convenient and also quiet. There are some nice restaurants within walking distance. We used the motel as a base for driving to wineries, to do tasting.
The owners are very friendly, helpful and responsive.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple