“My dinner fallback”
Review of Abrakebabra

Abrakebabra
Ranked #277 of 1,070 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 23 May 2018

On those nights when I cannot be bothered cooking and I am near manners got to stop in for a kebab. Always tastes great and good service and value.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

As a family of 4 on holiday we had a delicious meal here. Kebabs on flat bread and roti were had as was a rice and chicken meal. Kids described it as Subway on steroids. Delicious and fresh. Only down side was the cleanliness of tables to seat and eat at.
If you are heading there for food then we would recommend as a great option, even for families.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Abrakebabra were open when many places were shut on Easter Monday (props to them).

My mate and I both had mixed iskenders, which at $17 a pop are not cheap.

However, the meal was tasty and was served quickly. There are plenty of seats and some of the restaurant seating extends out the back in a partially-curtained area.

There are many meal options here, they also serve kebabs, burgers, and even pizza.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I ordered the Mixed Iskender and this had to be the biggest meal I ever had. No place compared to this. I will definitely rate a 10. Great service. Fast, filling and delicious. The place is huge and has an ethnic Turkey feeling. Located in central wellington.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Wanted a quick meal after a long day and these guys were over the road. Love a good kebab we do. Wife had a standard one and I noticed the Diablo. Of course it was the super hot chilli one. The guy tried to talk me out of it. Good customer service, but hey, that kind of thing eggs me on. So after his best efforts I had the Diablo, however, I made the mistake of taking it to our room to eat. Kinda lucky I did as it was a struggle for sure, and only just managed to get it all down. So while sweating and suffering I congratulated myself knowing I would get my name on the honour board they have in the shop. Went back later to be told that I don't get the glory as I took it away to eat. Fair enough I suppose, but I will sleep easy knowing I was a true champion in front of my wife who thought I was an idiot. Now to the joint itself. Basic place and a bit ramshackle looking, I think trying to get a bit of an Iraqi feel. Props for trying. Good range of kebabs and related meals. Wife was happy with hers. Service was ok and I like that the guy tried really hard to put me off the Diablo. Suppose I look like a wimp. Food served up quickly too. Well worth heading to if you want a kebab in Wellington. Oh, was the Diablo hot and a challenge I hear you ask. Too right it was!!!

1  Thank bamorehouse