“Good burgers for a good price”
Review of Ekim Burgers

Ekim Burgers
Ranked #16 of 74 Quick Bites in Wellington
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Great choice of burgers, including several different veggie options(!) honestly some of the best burgers I've had in New Zealand. Also enjoyed the milkshakes and the general atmosphere. Recommend to visit on a sunny day since the seating area is somewhat outside

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 11 May 2018

They have the best chips and homemade salsa in Wellington and very reasonably priced! Cool outside setting and have always had great food when I've been here.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Visited during the Cubadupa carnival, so a very busy time in Cuba Street, these guys turned out our burgers real quick, and they were fantastic, one beef burger, one vego, and they met all our expectations, would have to say the vego was one of the best I've had, the falafel was nice and moist, and all the flavours were balanced, the cost was reasonable for a meal that kept us fuelled for hours

Reviewed 7 March 2018

The Ekim sauce tasted like tomatoes with really strong herbs, it overpowered everything else. The patty was burnt and cooked to their standard of well done. Bacon was just cooked enough to be edible, really soft and wasn’t crispy. They have a basic seed bun that just holds things together.

Seats are uncomfortable and there are heaters there.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I had reasonably low expectations of what the food was going to be like because of the unique style of this place. I'm a picky eater so naturally the burgers had stuff that I wasn't so fond of in them, there was no issue with me asking stuff to be taken out and nothing I didn't want was left in. The wait time wasn't too bad for a proper burger and the burger itself was fantastic. Clearly this place has had controversy in the past but I had no knowledge of this and the experience I had leads me to believe this is well in the past. I'll be back again.