See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

When the day HAS to be perfect. I would very highly recommend THIS VENUE!
I can not speak highly enough of Peter and ALL the staff there The venue comprehensive up to 290 guests( not that we had that many), the views priceless over the Inlet, and nothing was too much trouble. Thank-so very much for making my son and daughter-in-law's day just so much more special. food terrific! The unique layout of the facility allowed for an indoor or outdoor ceremony depending on the weather(we were blessed with a perfect day outside and inside other than the Main dining areas which could be adjusted for the number of guests, the bar lounge allowed for smaller groups to mingle and socialise striking a balance between large yet intimate. Thank-you again ....So Much

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2016

The Lodge is a fairy tale venue! It is so beautiful and you feel like you are far away from Wellington. Peter was fantastic from start to end he catered to our every need, and trust me there were a lot of demands involved with a 220+ wedding and mixing of cultures (Chinese/Tongan). Peter allowed us to visit the lodge as many times as we needed to make sure we had everything planned to perfection and for peace of mind. We planned for an outdoor ceremony however on the day Wellington true to its reputation was blowing a cool southerly so 3 hours before the ceremony everything was moved inside to plan B. It was a beautiful plan B and the room looked stunning I am actually glad we decided to have the ceremony indoors as it made it feel very intimate even though there were so many people there. We also had some great professional photos around the lodge then went to the inlet for a few more snaps.

Our Reception was then held upstairs in the bigger room, and the room looked amazing. The draping and fairy lights already provided by the lodge cut down on a lot of decorating costs. The food was absolutely delicious! and the Staff were so helpful and friendly. We were even allowed to bring in our own food (Chop Suey and Chinese Roast Pork) which the staff served out at no extra cost.

The day ran so smoothly everything was under control and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Peter and the Lodge staff from the bottom of our hearts we thank you for making our wedding best day of our lives it was so seamless and perfect. I would recommend the Lodge to EVERYONE! It really was a fairy tale wedding.

Thanks again!! Forever Grateful
Lisa & Cliff :)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2016

We had our Wedding Reception at the Lodge on Waitangi Day 2016 and it was absolutely brilliant.
Peter had hosted us a number of times in the build up to the big day to go over all the planning in great detail and answer my very long list of questions, all of this planning helped the day go absolutely flawlessly.
Throughout the reception Viv and Peter were on site to manage things with our MC, which meant we didn't have to worry about a thing other than enjoying ourselves.
The food was great and plentiful, and our guests enjoyed making use of all the spaces available throughout the night, including the beautiful decking area.
Would definitely recommend The Lodge to anyone on the hunt for a great Wedding venue.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2016

The venue is superb, so huge and lots of rooms to spread out whether you want inside or outside venue, prices not over the top for food or beverage, food a plenty with buffet dining plenty for seconds and thirds with the set menu price. Would definitely recommend for a wedding venue or just a Christmas function as was ours.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2015

I had the pleasure of being hired ( by an outside party) as a DJ at this venue. Their friendly staff were very attentive even considering I was working as a subcontractor. Very high attention to detail, cleanliness and was very organised. I sub contractor did not notice a single hiccup. Definitely recommend this place for private functions.

The Food was AMAZING! 10 years of eating at different function venues, I would have to rank The Lodge's food to be in the top 2 ( I am indian by the way)

This venues well rounded surroundings and creativity in its lay out will give any couple many photo opportunities. Definitely worth considering for any wanting to organise a private function

Thanks a bunch guys