All reviews forage restaurant a deluxe king room valet parking huge tv short walk to cuba street we ordered room service beautiful hotel breakfast buffet is blackout curtains coffee machine very pleasant stay business trip comfortable bed wellington city top floor per night an easy walk
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed 4 nights at the GM Wellington for the start of our wedding anniversary trip to the North Island. The hotel really looked after us with a gift to celebrate our anniversary and the staff were very attentive, especially during check-in. Bed was fantastic, room very comfortable and the view from our room was excellent. Bathroom well laid out, but the use of a glass door possibly not the best idea!
Had dinner one night in the restaurant which was excellent and the service was pleasant and attentive without being intrusive.
The only downside was the cost of parking, and unless you are planning day trips out of the city, you don't need a car to get around Wellington.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JadeStunden, Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Kia ora JzdB, I was so pleased to read that we made your wedding anniversary a memorable experience for you, it was our pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to share this with everyone.

Best Regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I have never been this satisfied with accomodation ever!! The customer service was wonderful, the staff were friendly and lovely, and the rooms and design of the hotel was elegant but at the same time so comfortable and we felt welcome.

It was my husbands birthday and they had prepared a lovely chocolate plate for him to enjoy. So thoughtful!! There was even a handwritten card welcoming us.

The service they provided was flawless, they went above and beyond!!! From free complimentary drinks at the bar to a nice mineral water in our car from valet parking.

Many of the accomodations have limited to no car parks but Mercure guarenteed us our car park which was underground which made it safer.

I am going to make this my go to hotel when I'm in wellington. I can't wait to stay there again.

The buffet breakfast was beautiful and delicious as well.

Thank you for making our stay so brilliant and memorable.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank yukor214

Kia ora yukor214, I am so pleased you loved our hotel and service, thank you very much for sharing your experience so that others can come and visit us knowing they will have a fabulous stay. We hope to welcome you again soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We booked 2 separate nights and on both bookings I requested a higher level of the Hotel and on both occasions our request was granted. Breakfast was just a little disappointing with some of the food not served hot - could have been that the the serving dish didn't have a lid like the other food on offer. Still not a good variety of vegetarian food on offer.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
JadeStunden, Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Kia ora Jenny
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Sorry about the breakfast, I will review this immediately. I hope to see you again at the hotel so we can grant your requests again.

Regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent service at check-in. Greeted with a bubbly smile for a 1am arrival.
The rooms are clean and wonderfully functional while the Forage bar and restaurant has a great vista over the NZ capital.
A short stroll, 10-15 mins, to the main part of town and the wharf area.
The beds are knock-out comfortable.
A definite tick for all the key reasons.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia ora Gordon, thank you so much for the review, I am so glad you loved your stay and hope you will be back

Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I had to come to the city last minute due to a business meeting the next morning. Booked in the afternoon and on arrival I was notified I had been given a room upgrade. The staff were friendly and personable, the room was immaculate and the check out was a very simple process. Will happily book again!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Kai ora Antof88, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again in the future

Kind Regards