“Great food, good service”
Review of Logan Brown

Logan Brown
Reserve a table
Ranked #9 of 922 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: AU$63 - AU$86
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Taste of Our Place - Kia Ora, Kai, Kaitiaki. At Logan Brown, you'll experience a welcoming, inspiring and genuine taste of our place, our people and the produce that makes you proud to be a New Zealander. We opened in December Friday the 13th in 1996 and decades later it is way different but still the same! We have evolved with dining trends, service styles, taken opportunities with new product and techie innovations and of course will continue to do so. What has never changed is the sharing with our guests our true passion for our craft, our community and our country. We want everyone to be as proud as we are about New Zealand’s environment, the land and seas bounty, and the amazing people who harvest or produce from it. Working closely with these passionate producers inspires and excites the team who are proud to share their stories, and we always welcome new seasons and new to the market produce from suppliers and give it a go.
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We really enjoyed the meal at Logan Brown. Walking into to a stack of cheap recipe books stacked for sale that are also available at my local supermarket was a little off putting. As were the very small tables, however the wonderful food made up for all of that. The drinks menu was also extensive and delicious. We tasted 4 courses and I personally loved the desert of brulee with Coconut ice cream and wafer the best..it was amazing. I would go back to enjoy that again any day of the week!

3  Thank yummo t
RWorth2015, Manager at Logan Brown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Thanks yummo t for the review and thank you for the feedback on the recipe books, these are displayed for sale as our head chef Shaun Clouston has participated by giving recipes for these books so they are specially signed copies. We are glad however that you enjoyed your meal with us and we hope to see you again soon in the restaurant.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I'm not sure how I've managed to live in Wellington 20 years and never visit this icon? I think I was always saving it for a special occasion but it's too good to waste just on special occasions. Friends were meeting there for lunch just because and I decided to join them for an efficient 2016 style long lunch (1.5hrs). It didn't disappoint.

Three beautifully presented but not overworked courses. Call me selfish, but I get a little over the whole small plates sharing thing. Sometimes I just like immersing myself in what I've selected without the polite dance of no, no you have the last piece, no you ... That said, I had a hint of food envy on tasting someone else's gnocchi so I'll have to return sooner than later.

Date of visit: July 2016

Thanks Nicola B for the great review! We are so glad you managed to come join us for our Bistro Menu! We look forward to seeing you in the dining room again soon to have your gnocchi fix!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This may be my shortest review yet as my beloved step daughter and her New Zealand boyfriend had asked if they could treat my wife and me to special meal for my 70th Birthday, with the words enticing words it used to be a bank.

Little did I know it would have the elegance and old world charm of The Connaught which boast five star luxury in London's West End, the attention to detail of Scotts in Mount Street and the attentiveness of service enjoyed at the Savoy Grill.

Nothing was intrusive, the wine was perfectly presented and one of the joys of fine eating, perhaps one of the most precious gifts that a restaurant can offer to their guests is time. Time to let your imagination savour dreams of flavours when choosing the menu, time to let your chosen wine develop before being drunk, time to treasure every mouthful of this establishments rich menu and, most of all, time to take pleasure from the environment and the moment.

Thank you for the gift of a pleasure filled evening Logan Brown and thank you to my daughter for such a memorable evening.

Date of visit: January 2016

Thanks countrygourmetOxhill for the amazing review! We are absolutely rapt that you enjoyed your dining experience with us in the restaurant. We look forward to looking after you in the dining room again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

My wife and I have been to Logan Brown on a few occasions now and every time we have walked out extremely satisfied and wanting to go back again soon. This time my wife and I treated my mother for her birthday, a restaurant she had been looking forward to trying for years! Once again the meal and the service was perfect. We were asked if we were celebrating anything and after explaining, we received our final course with happy birthday written in sauce on the plate. As well as the food being unbelievably good, that was a brilliant ending to a wonderful meal. Thanks again!

Date of visit: July 2016

Thanks CJP85NZ for the great review! Glad you chose to celebrate your mothers birthday with us! We look forward to seeing you in the restaurant again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely Bistro 3 course meal. Started off with georgous bread and olive oil followed buy a salmon starter, lamb delicious and let's talk about the parfait desert which was to die for $90 for 2 which was worth my son achieving 3 excellences in recent exams. Lovely service and surroundings. It makes eating out special going to logan brown.

Date of visit: July 2016

Thanks 377Roison for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed our $45 Bistro Menu. We look forward to seeing you in the restaurant again