“overpriced for uninteresting old fashioned food.”
Review of Logan Brown

Logan Brown
Reserve a table
Ranked #9 of 922 Restaurants in Wellington
Price range: AU$63 - AU$86
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Taste of Our Place - Kia Ora, Kai, Kaitiaki. At Logan Brown, you'll experience a welcoming, inspiring and genuine taste of our place, our people and the produce that makes you proud to be a New Zealander. We opened in December Friday the 13th in 1996 and decades later it is way different but still the same! We have evolved with dining trends, service styles, taken opportunities with new product and techie innovations and of course will continue to do so. What has never changed is the sharing with our guests our true passion for our craft, our community and our country. We want everyone to be as proud as we are about New Zealand’s environment, the land and seas bounty, and the amazing people who harvest or produce from it. Working closely with these passionate producers inspires and excites the team who are proud to share their stories, and we always welcome new seasons and new to the market produce from suppliers and give it a go.
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I organised a dinner for 6 people who are from out of town to have a xmas get together. Two of us are Chefs who have owned our own resturants and now all of us travel and eat out extensively. We were looking forward to eating there as one sees so much written about the place Looking at the menu bought dissapointment and although food cooked well there was very little of it and you need to eat the 3 courses. The dessert we all bought was the mini doughnuts only because it was the most appealing of the uninteresting choice. They arrived 3 tiny little balls on the plate with no presentation. I would have expected something more challenging to make but what a profit at there ridiculous prices for three small doughnuts.The service that night was below standard it was a great dissapointment.

Date of visit: December 2011
logie22, Owner at Logan Brown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Hi Susie,

we are very sorry to read that you did not feel you got value for money when dining with us last December. The Blackberry donuts should have been served with maple cherry ripple ice cream
which our pastry chefs make in house. If it was left of your dessert order and you let us know at the time we would have welcomed the opportunity to rectify that or any other item you were not satisfied with. What we all come to work for is to see our guests leave satisfied and happy.
Steve Logan

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I suppose another glowing review for Logan Brown is nothing new - but hell, they deserve it so here goes! I had researched Logan Brown on the net a few years ago and sent a friend there for a Christmas meal (she said it was wonderful) - but I hadn't been there myself. This time, I was visiting my niece in NZ and wanted to take her and her partner somewhere special. My Mum (her Granny) had recently died and we needed a special celebration to toast to the old girl who we both loved so much!

I emailed ahead about my nut allergy. When we arrived for the Saturday night degustation, I found my own personalised printed menu - nut free! I could eat freely without having to seem like a whinger, asking about every ingredient endlessly.

Cocktails - superb! The Jaffa Martini is a must. Food - spectacular! Every course was delicious but the lamb rack with felafel and the smoked eel with horseradish panna cotta were my favourites. The lamb was so generous, almost a main meal size!

Our waiter, Anton, was great - knowledgeable but not snooty - friendly and funny but not invasive.

We had a great night - went home satisfied and happy. Will definitely be back at the earliest opportunity.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Not traditionally a fine dining person myself, I was fortunate enough to have lunch at Logan Brown. Excellent quality food, nice atmosphere. Personally, a little above my normal budget for a meal out, but that is not a negative reflection on the venue - more my budget! A visit in the near future may be on the cards for a few milestone celebrations!!

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have always wanted to go to Logan Brown and so finally got a group of friends together and went for Wellington on a Plate. The staff were super efficient without being overbearing, and made the whole experience wonderful. I had the Potato and sage gnocchi with roasted Parkvale portobello mushroom, rocket and truffle cream as a starter, followed by a Pinot-braised Pirinoa Station lamb with soft pumpkin polenta, native spinach and gremolata, along with a glass of Pinot Noir. What a great taste sensation. The food, atmosphere and setting all made for a very memorable lunch. We are definitely going back.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Signature Paua ravioli dish was made of fantastically prepared elements that melted together exquisitely. Hapuka with ragout was a surprising match that rated highly with the table. The two Palliser estate Reislings were the pick of the bunch for me, one off dry and the other dessert.

Service was great and friendly, there and at your table at the right times whenever you'd expect them there.

Can see why it's an institution in Wellington.

1  Thank Flying_donut