“Disappointing”

Ranked #346 of 428 Restaurants in Tauranga
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Food was average.
Despite finding what seemed to be a piece of plastic in the food we were asked to pay for rice - that we did not order and almost did not touch..
Not to say we wont come back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

*Now in Pyes Pa, Tauranga* Went here with my partner and friend who lives locally during Easter. The bar next door was pumping, and quite a few people in the other takeaway outlets. We decided we'd try this Thai place despite the fact there was nobody in there. The owner/waiter seemed a bit uninterested & the food was really average. I ordered some kind of Thai beef salad, my partner ordered a prawn salad and our friend some sort of curry. All were bland. Mine was basically a salad of raw onions. It was also very expensive for what it was. Will not be back.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Genuinely the worst Thai food I have had in my life. Literally inedible - we ended up throwing away most of it. The seafood fried rice, pad thai and panang curry were all completely lacking in flavour, save that of cheap vegetable oil and a lot of sugar in the pad thai. The rice was a joke - about one cup was provided to go with 4 main dishes - and it was totally overcooked and mushy. Not only but also they left one of our dishes out of the box meaning my huband had to return to get it - although he really shouldnt have bothered. And for this privileged we paid $110. Please, learn from our mistake, do not eat here!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We dined at their new location in the Pyes Pa shopping centre with family in early September. This was our first visit and will probably be our last as the food was too highly priced for what it was (a few vegetables floating around in a coconut milk broth, etc). Several members of our party commented on how average the food was and how overpriced too. Service was also a bit strange. The owner/waiter was rather casual in his approach, spending much of his time watching something on his laptop behind the counter and just generally being slightly unprofessional in his duties. As for the food itself, the green curry was bland and we weren't offered a heat preference despite discussing it with the waiter. Overall it wasn't the dining experience we had hoped it might be and we probably won't be back.

1  Thank TeamIan
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We've been here two times the first time the meal was honestly ok 6 small dishes for $140 so it was very expensive but the food was ok so I gave this place 3-Star when it really deserve a 2 star. So the second time I walk in and the manager is on his laptop sitting next to a member of staff and I walk in and you shout at me what are you doing here!!!!!! And then I feel stressed at this point because the doors are wide open and I don't expect them to shout at me. So when we get home 4 small Thai dishes and we eat them but they are disgusting the main dish in the noodle dishes so greasy honestly never eat here it's a rip-off and I want them out of a local shopping centre.

3  Thank JJKiwiKid