“Take a Hacksaw”
Review of Grill @ 42

Grill @ 42
Ranked #10 of 147 Restaurants in Taupo
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here. Nice environment and staff, good service. We had a good filet and the Boston Scotch Cut. The Boston cut was almost unchewable. We left over half the steak on the plate.
The manager's response was that a streak like that 'is not acceptable'.
We paid the bill and left.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend this restaurant, went for dinner with a friend and enjoyed the eye fillet I ordered. Great food and staff.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

It was a very good food with a very good welcome. The service was perfect.
A great dining ! Thank you too much for your joy.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

A family friendly place with great enviroment live music and tasty food. Service was great, greated with a smile. Despite being 2 members of staff short we never felt it...good service was quick and pleasant. The food was filling both entree and steaks. The music was great even our son was jaming to the live music. In comapraison to other steak houses in town you didn't have to pay for your sauce or 2 sides. I can honestly rate it as the best steak in taupo..........

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Best Food Experience I have had!!

My cousin and I had a very long and tiring trip to Taupo. We were late getting in so when we got to the restaurant the kitchen was still cooking as it was a busy night. The owner was able to accommodate us after a short wait and made us a fantastic cocktail. I give my compliments to the chef as the food was presented perfectly and was scrumptious. We didn’t want out food experience to end. The staff were happy friendly and on the ball and the restaurant gave off a very relaxed and happy vibe. Will recommend to all!!