“Not as good as normal”

Best Kebabs
Ranked #70 of 148 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have been here before and enjoyed it but this time it wad as good as normal. Meat was abit bland in the kebab on a plate and the lamb kebab wasn't put together as well as normal. We did go at night and there was a new person there. Not bad just not as good as i remembered.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

My family had the lamb kebabs. They were pretty good and quickly prepared. We were glad to find this restaurant because they were one of the only places open on Sunday for dinner. There is not much seating, and it is not a big restaurant.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

In a brief stop over, we stepped into the shop and were treated to fantastic kebabs at a reasonable price. Would recommend to anyone traveling through the area.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times for a quick dinner, the kebabs are pretty good and I love the wraps they use. In my last visit the gentleman who served me looked depressed and only spoke to me when I paid. I’m don’t frequent takeaways to have conversations with strangers but a smile and hello makes a place more inviting. The shop itself was stinking hot, I can tolerate higher temperatures but this was next level, no wonder the staff were miserable. I only come through town for business so like the convenience and taste. Would still recommend to people but set the expectations of service levels to be low.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Went there on boxing day and the staff wasn’t helpful and showed bad attitude.. asked to cut the kebab into 2 and he was contemplated..my husband even make a joke with him and all he did was giving us his straight face..

It would be nice if they could provide more seating/chairs outside for people to dine in (for families)..

Taste wise, its all good and they have excellent kebab..