“Relaxed, pretty and tasty food”
Review of L'Arte Cafe

L'Arte Cafe
Ranked #21 of 157 Restaurants in Taupo
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Voted Lonely Planet's No 1 cafe pick for the Central North Island and one of the top 10 places to visit in New Zealand. L'Arte Cafe and Gallery is not to be missed when visiting Taupo. Allow yourself time to experience something very unique and special! A trip to L'Arte is a visual and edible feast and unlike anything you have experienced before. The cafe and gallery are both set in a magical garden, complete with an outside mosaic living room. The food and art at L'Arte's unique destination are both exquisite. Resident ceramic artist Judi Brennan's work is evident everywhere and is sold exclusively from the gallery at L'Arte. L'Arte Cafe serves Allpress coffee, has a wonderful selection of New Zealand wines and beers and the excellent service exceeds all expectations. With New Zealand's finest produce, L'Arte's kitchen team produce everything fresh on-site, from homemade bread to homemade pesto and onion jam. We have also created a small deli so you can take some of L'Arte home with you. L'Arte Cafe, Gallery and Garden is a special holiday experience that will stay with you .........
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A wonderful garden and interesting ceramics on view as you enjoy a yummy lunch. Great iced chocolate followed by smashed avocado on toast with added bacon.A nice little hide-away away from Taupo's main drag. Would go again next time passing through

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We visited on a recommendation from a local from the town. The coffee was great, food was excellent and we even got advice of how to get to our next stop. The grounds are beautiful and unique, I wish we had more time to explore.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I cant explain how I felt when we wandered into this amazing sculpture garden, workshop and cafe. The place is definately worth a visit and it is Lonely Planet's must visit place in NZ (that is how we found out about it). The whole place has mosaic sculptures, furniture etc all displayed throughout the gardens. It is a wonderland of at and creativity. I bought a stack of things to take home to Australia and purchased more on line for myself and my mother. There is a cafe there but they were really busy so we didn't stop, but next time I will book and we will definately eat there. Some people were having picnics on the grounds too. You MUST go if you love art, sculptures etc. I am reviewing the gallery as an attraction rather than the cafe.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The cafe is quite pricey but the food was good. The surroundings are great as you can look out into the garden and survey the art. Even on a rainy day there are outside covered areas. wifi available ask for password. Clean toilets. Walk round the gardens and the small shop afterwards and hold onto you wallet.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The artful place that entices many locals as well as tourists, is work the visit. No the standard cafe but one with its own private garden. The only thing that lets it down, for me, is the arrogance of the young barista. When I waited 20 minutes for a take away coffee and asked her for the eta, she rudely told me I was to wait for the tables to be served first, and did I not see them order? Hmmmm.
Over all I recommend l’arte as it really is an awesome place.

Date of visit: February 2018