“Delicious Indian food in Taupo!”
Review of Master of India

Master of India
Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Taupo
Price range: USD 2 - USD 15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Ate a delicious lunch here by myself a few days ago. While most spots were closed at the time I arrived (early afternoon), they were open and welcomed me in warmly.
When I first walked in I noticed the decor. It was authentic without being overdone, and they have a nice outdoor seating area that I imagine is wonderful in warm weather.
The food was fantastic, as was their drink selection. I opted for some bubbly with biryani and garlic cheese naan. If you visit, you must try their naan, it is some of the best I’ve ever had.
I definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a delicious lunch or dinner.

1  Thank KaraJ72
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I was impressed by the hospatity and food. We just stop over in taupo coming back to auckland from the mountain. This place is really awesome and highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best and only indian restaurant I will go to in Taupo. Never disappointed Thank you !

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We'd been referred here by an Indian friend and it's definitely the best Indian food in Taupo. My husband tried the chef's special and staff were more than happy to accommodate special requests. Our servers Om and Goma were super friendly and attentive, also offering to bring our young sons' meals out quickly to lessen the wait. Food was all served quickly, nice & hot. Generous servings of naan bread.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

It was a toss up between this place and another nearby. This had much better reviews so we gave it a go. Glad we did!
Very friendly service and surprised to see quality of interior decor.
Curry's med/high price (rice not included), however a very good size. Entrees not needed, so makes up for it.
Hot is European hot, so handled easily :)
Good quality place