“Not at all worth ”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Food has too much colour and no taste at all. The decor is very tacky may be the only good thing I can say is service is little better. Definitely don’t go.

2  Thank Manasee21
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My partner loved the food here, he is Indian. He said the food is authentic! It is always crowded and service is good, they never turn down guests. We went there for dinner two nights in a row before returning to Auckland. The owner is Nepalese.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I was only in Taupo for one night. I realized that I had not tried any Indian cuisine in New Zealand, yet. As I walked by Master of India, the smells coming from inside led me to a table. Saag is my favorite dish and I ordered the lamb saagwala. I asked for “Indian hot”. I have had this dish at many places in the US. I have had it in Scotland & Thailand, as well. This was absolutely the best lamb saagwala I have had. This is not hyperbole. It was that good. The lamb was tender and the spice was exactly right for me, HOT! If you’re in Taupo, you must try this place.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Came here based on TripAdvisor recommendation. The place was hoppin’! Unfortunately, as a result service was very slow. I just didn’t think the food was tasty enough to warrant the slow service or the fact that folks were packed in like cattle. I’d really wanted to feel differently....

1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff. Nice and clean. Very nicely decorated. We ordered the vegan 'chefs special' Eggplant curry which was a stand out. Also had a vegan Jalfrezi (sp?) & a vegan Saag Aloo. Roti were fantastic as were the samosas (minus the yoghurt sauce) with tamarind sauce. Would be my local if we were locals.