“Thoroughly enjoyed”

Ranked #41 of 191 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Great Italian cuisine, close to authentic as you will get in NP.
Nice staff and we were well treated considering how busy it was and we were late to dine.
Very tasty..However VERY expensive. Prob the most expensive restaurant, aside from Nice, in NP. Which is unusual considering how cheap Pasta and pizza is to make.
great wine and great liquer coffees

Thank Frank and Tina ... B

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Just below our accomodation this restaurant had a expansive menu and wine list. Great food and reasonable pricing this was a great dining experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Myself and my partner love this restaurant and come here maybe 3 times a year.
However, things changed when we visited last weekend and I ordered the chicken parmigiana, it was ok but the chicken was rather dry. My partner ordered the fettuccine which he always gets.
Well that will be the last time we visit! My partner was throwing up since 12:45 that night and all throughout the next day.
I contact Portofino's to let them know what had happened and they basically said it wasn't there food and that he must have a weak stomach!
They didn't want to listen to anything we had to say and basically passed blame.

Restaurant is also very cold and draughty so bring a jumper!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We had a supposedly romantic dinner out for our anniversary. The restaurant was quiet but for some reason we were shown to a table near the kitchen (and the bathrooms, we discovered) that turned out to be drafty and not the best option. I would have asked to be moved if I'd known. We ordered fish pasta which was very nice but unexceptional. The affogato came with an alcoholic topping that wasn't what I ordered (they changed it with no fuss) and a too-small portion of ice cream. I'd heard such great things about this place - maybe we struck an off-night?

Reviewed 23 June 2017

A nice, intimate atmosphere for a romantic dinner or working lunch, the menu never fails to disappoint.