“Febulous banquet”

Price range: USD 12 - USD 18
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Famous Award Thai restaurant in New Plymouth - The Thai Chef's restaurant was awarded the prestige "Thai Select" PREMIUM by the Thai Prime Minister H.E. Yingluck Shinawatra on March 24, 2013 in recognition of their high quality and authenticity of Royal Thai Cuisine.Now you be the judge...... We deliver to most motels in New Plymouth, but Takeouts available.BYO Wine only as well as fully licensed.Private Function up to 60 people.Extensive premium winelists at reasonable price.
Reviewed 18 November 2017

A group of us went there for dinner, and pre-ordered the Thai banquet. Delicious! All the items were freshly and perfectly cooked; generous servings and friendly service.
Do try it!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Waited 1 hour just to get an entree. They were busy but one hour is a bit much. Luckily the mains didn’t take much longer after that. Food was good, just didn’t like the long wait.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Great place to eat. lovely surroundings very friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us. Not expensive' Very popular. Would go back there again for a meal

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Ordered a fresh rice paper rolls entree and Pork Red Curry as takeaways, 10 Oct 2017. I selected this restaurant based on online reviews.

The paper rolls were so-so, I thought they were tasteless, my partner rated them slightly better.

We both thought the Red Pork Curry was appalling. Far too sweet and the pork had the texture of cardboard. If we had have been dining in the restaurant we would have sent it back to the kitchen.

Rice was provided gratis with the curry. Both of us are moderate eaters, we don't require or expect large meals but the amount of rice included was hardly enough for one person.

Most disappointing. We would not go back.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I am a seasoned Thai fanatic but I freely admit that orderly the warm beef salad Thai Hot was a step too far which send me down the road looking for some milk to quench and unexpectedly piquant experience. That said, my Yum Nua Tok was delicious and the misjudgment was my fault for making a miscalculation that a provincial Thai restauraunt's Scoville scale might not match that of its metropolitan cousins. Full marks for authenticity. Perhaps some milk or cream on hand would be helpful as any kind of carbonated beverage is asking for further trouble. I dined with three others and even after a few Changis each the bill did not exeed $150 for the four of us. I would