All reviews studio unit sky channels tub chairs comfortable beds great place to stay city centre heat pump friendly hosts would definitely stay here again busy road on arrival the main road stayed here for nights great shower little things min walk gym
Reviewed 23 October 2018

My mate and I were staying in New Plymouth for a night and we wanted a room each with safe parking for our motorbikes. I called the number listed and the very helpful lady assured me the outdoor parking was safe and well covered by very good cameras. We arrived to find a near new facility (actually as new), mint rooms with very comfortable beds, bathrooms looking like they'd just been built and excellent room facilities. Lovely fluffy white towels too! Super quiet, double glazed, air-conditioned....faultless. The lady on reception was a good guide to other operators on how to run a motel. This place really is impressive.

Room Tip: We had two single level rooms in a perfect location. Rooms 11 and 12.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Melissa P, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Hi Guys, Thank you so much for your feedback. See you next time.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Having previously stayed in the city centre, We chose to go self-contained. This accommodation ticked all of the boxes for us. Firstly a lovely smiling welcome, then an immaculately clean and well presented room. I have no negative remarks regarding this facility and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Melissa P, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

First of all.... THE BED WAS COMFORTABLE! It is so hard to find a motel with comfy beds but this one ticked the box. The unit was spotless and the shower was amazing. I will 100% be staying here on my next trip to New Plymouth.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Melissa P, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it. See you next time.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This place is amazing. I have stayed at plenty of motels in my time and this is one of the best.

On arrival the welcoming is second to none, super fiendly and helpful (also there was a cat to greet us which is always nice).

The room was immaculate, and I mean immaculate, I couldn't fine one speck of dirt.

The bathroom was large with a great shower (amazing pressure), nice toilettries and fluffy towels, as well as a heat resistance pad for hot irons and stuff.

The kitchenette is well equipped with plenty of plates, cutlery and glasses as well as a frying pan and pot, oh and a cafetière. There is also a microwave, toaster, kettle, two hobs, a fridge, salt and pepper etc.

The bed is super comfy and soft. I don't normally like soft beds but this one was pretty good. The bed was also really big.

The tv had 50+ sky channels which is great. There is also free unlimited wifi and AC.

The room also has two tub chairs which really helps as it means you don't have to spend all day in bed, there is also a little table and chairs so you can eat your meal normally.

On site there is a laundry room which allows you do to free laundry (on a nice day you can hang it outside or borror a rack).

There is also a small well equipped gym right next to the laundry room.

For the price this is a great place to stay, and the location is pretty awesome with view of mount Taranaki at the entrance of the motel.

I have no problems giving this place full marks, I was actually gutted to leave it. Well done Pukekura motor lodge!

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Melissa P, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We appreciate it a lot.This will be passed on to my housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

What a great place for a couple of days stay in the Naki. Nice and quiet place with a 4 minute drive to the City Centre. Did not even notice the thunderstorm outside. Black out windows and all amenities you required, Iron, hairdryer, microwave, toaster, and jug and

Room Tip: all rooms were quieter!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Melissa P, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback.