All reviews mineral pool drying room natural mineral free wifi nice quiet road on site laundry well equipped kitchen clean and spacious rooms full kitchen double bedroom min walk thermal heating thermal spa we've stayed close to town quiet at night friendly hosts
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We were the only ones there in the motel, and were delighted with huh the facilities - there was a geothermal hot pool, heated swimming pool as well! Cars were parked right in front of our room so it was really convenient, and the hosts were very nice as well. It's also a 3 min drive to countdown so everything was good. Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
CherieandWillie, Owner at Fernleaf Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thank you for your amazing review!
So glad you had a good experience here in this amazing city.
Was so nice to meet you!

Kind Regards
Cherie & Willie

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

The good - there is a swimming pool, and even better there is a private hot mineral pool. The owner was quick to put right a broken bulb.

The average - the room we were in was next to the laundry and had little natural light. We would have preferred one of the other rooms. The property is a little away from the action, so you really want your own transport.

The not-so-good - the parking is very tight, particularly with a larger car; we were expecting the room to be serviced, but that didn’t happen. The owner was easy to find... he was always in the pool drinking (beer, not the pool) so at the end of the day he wasn’t making much sense. But he is a nice guy.

A bit of a mixed bag

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
Unfortunate you did not book a bigger room.
Full service is available on request as the cleaners do not like entering occupied rooms where personal belongings are kept.
However, when requested I am more than happy to do this myself.
I was back from my business date at 5.30pm and wish you had have spoke to me about the pool situation.
I am so glad you enjoyed the pools, as geothermal is not available at all motels.
I do trust that you enjoyed Rotorua itself though, as it is a very special place.

Kind Regards
Cherie

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed there for a few days and we had an awesome stay. The room was actually more like a spacious studio with a really big living room. It was well heated, which we really appreciated as it can get cold these days. Everything was super clean, the place was serviced everyday, there is also a heated swimming pool and a hot pool. The area is very quiet and it s also a great location as it s a 5 min walk to countdown supermarket, 10min to the city centre and 15 to the iSite visitor centre. I definitely recommend this place and would like to thank the owners again for everything.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed here as our first stop on our Lions Rugby trip. The accommodation was very good and as described, it had its own spa pool which was great for getting rid of the aches and pains after our 27 hour flight to Auckland and drive down to Rotorua. Everything was spotless and the apartment had all the facilities we required, big rooms, comfy beds, cooking facilities, tv and very friendly, helpful staff. It is an easy walk to the town centre and the only drawback was the smell of the hot springs which is what you go to Rotorua for anyway.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same outlook.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Wendy B, Owner at Fernleaf Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you for your reveiw , we are gald you had a great time in NZ , especially our wonderful city Rotorua , yes the smell is not for every one , but that is the price for all the thermal wonderlands and hot pools , hope to see you back in NZ sometime

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We’ve booked the Standard Family Unit 2 since the smaller units were sold out and we were pleasantly surprised for our 3 nights stay.!
Super spacious, well-equipped kitchen facilities and I must say, I really love their bathroom.!
We were there during the start of winter and it gets chilly at night. Thank god for their good heaters in the unit, there’s a heater in the bathroom as well.! This is the only accommodation where I can shower without shivering in cold after turning off the hot water.
Good wifi strength and TV with Netflix available to keep us entertained since shops closes early during winter.

Laundry and dryer room available and 1st wash of the laundry is complimentary.!
Left our clothes in the heater room overnight (It’s locked after 10pm I think and opens in the morning) and got our clothes back dried and clean.
Didn’t utilize their thermal spa pool and outdoor pool area so can’t comment much.

Location wise is about 10mins walk from restaurants and convenient stores, and a 10min short drive to the airport as well.

It’s definitely a home where you’d like to return to after a long day, can’t recommend this motel more.!

* The office has some discount coupons for tours and restaurants, be sure to pick up some before checking in to your room.

*There is a thick folder in your unit with several nearby restaurant menus for your reference. Pretty helpful.!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends