“Great Motel”
Review of Malones Motel

Malones Motel
Ranked #66 of 91 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Decor was a little dated but the unit was very clean and comfortable. We couldn't get DVD to play but a quick call to reception fixed the problem. Bed was comfortable and the spa was very relaxing. Great service, would go here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trudi W

Reviewed 3 August 2017

was just here for the one night, Room was very clean and spacious, Spa pool in bathroom was huge ( did not use as went the the Polynesian spy, but if staying longer would have used. Bed big and comfy.

Room Tip: booked online last minute and got a great rate .
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TROPICANGLER
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Malones. We had a personal spa and deck area. Clean room. Close to a lot of places (chapmans, whakarewarewa) and easy to navigate as it's on a main drag. Washed and dried all our clothes for $10 which was great and even got a box of choccies when we left.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Myself and six male friends were due to stay here for two nights. I booked it through Booking.com. I had booked three rooms with enough beds so we all had a bed each. When we arrived the man ( I can't say gentleman because he wasn't) told me we had booked three rooms but we only had four beds ( 3 doubles and 1 single). Which was not what we booked, he was not prepared to change two of the rooms but he said we could upgrade one of the rooms, for extra money we could have had one room with two beds in it. Which still wasn't enough beds. He also said as we didn't give him 24 hours notice as it states on Booking.com we still had to pay for the rooms. We said we would pay for the one night and as the second night is still 24 hours later we will cancel that night. To which he replied that we were not able to do that. After speaking to Booking.com they told me that was his decision not theirs.
I've booked weekends away for the last 20 years for my friends and each year they've all had a bed each. Whether it be a double or single, not once have I ever had this happen before.
If anyone thinks about booking this motel with Booking.com please think about it as he only wants to rip people off and take their money.
We've been in New Zealand now for just over two weeks and this is the only person we have had problems with. This is why I would like to give a 0 rating for this motel, but as I need to give a rating to put this on TripAdvisor I'm giving them only a one and that's hard to give. New Zealand is a beautiful country so I would recommend coming here but I will not be recommending Malones motel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2017

The room and spa were fantastic. They were very clean and the hot tub was divine after a hard day of walking in the redwoods on a cold and wet day. Customer service was fantastic as well as the cleaning service. Did i mentioned very clean? Will definitely come back.
Yes,we got a free bar of king size chocolate upon leaving which was delightful.

Room Tip: Southside rooms are quiet and are easier to enter and exit.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple