“A Grand Welcome to Tunisian Cuisine !”

Ali Baba's Tunisian Takeaways
Ranked #3 of 262 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: USD 3 - USD 12
Cuisines: Tunisian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Ali Baba's Tunisian Cuisine. Tunisian cuisine is a blend of Mediterranean and desert dweller's culinary traditions. Our food can be quite spicy, however we try to cater to customers tastes. As well as meat meals we also have falafel (vegetarian) as a option for those who desire this. Our menu comprises of Kebabs, Pasta and Rice Meals, Gourmet Pizzas and Kascrutes. All meals come with side salads and you can choose from Lamb Chicken or Falafel. Medium or spicy flavour. Ali Baba's Tunisian Cuisine was established in 2004 and is a family owned and operated business. Our aim is to provide flavoursome meals to our customers in a friendly relaxed environment. Our Prices range from $4.50 up to $18.00. Great prices. We have a range of fresh homemade deserts and biscuits. Our meat and cooking practices are 100% halal.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Ali Baba"s based on it's TripAdvisor reviews, and we were SO, SO glad we went.

It has a pleasing and interesting Tunisian decor, and tables both inside and outside. The restaurant opens up to the sidewalk to give the restaurant a more open feel.

Their menu has traditional rice-based options, pasta-based options, and pizza options. My 9 and 12 year old children loved the food here, and they have never eaten Tunisian cuisine before.

I was pleased with the Amizigh, a delicious rice meal with lamb, spicy cream of coconut and tomato with Berber spices, spinach, mushrooms, onions, and salad.

My 12-year old son had the Sultan Pizza, and loved it. A pizza with chicken, onion, mushrooms, cream cheese, apricots, and sweet chilli. My 9-year old daughter enjoyed the Chicken Kebab - with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, tabouli, red cabbage, onions, jalopenos, & 3 spices.

My wife thought the Aliwith Falafel was delicious.

The proprietor let us know when we ordered that it would take 25 minutes to prepare our meals, so in all the good ways, it is not "fast food.". But, oh so worth the wait.

They also had a selection of several kinds of bachlava. Our favorite was definitely the bachlava with the pistachios - a first for us.

Ali Baba's was THE culinary highlight of our 2 week visit to New Zealand!!! My highest recommendation for this jewel !

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

How amazing the food is - i can not put into writing. I travel 250km each way from Auckland when i get chance just for this food.

Freshly cooked mouth watering food you can not find elsewhere!

Must try!

Excellent service from Najem!!

2  Thank Sunvi A
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by this place as my guide-book recommended restaurants were closed around 3pm. I am so glad I did - food portions are extremely generous and more importantly, delicious. Both the owner and staff are very friendly and talkative. If I was staying longer, I'd undoubtedly visit again.

1  Thank Lina K
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I work just around the corner from Ali Baba's, and quite often come and get my lunch from here, every single time the owner has been very polite and pleasant to me and other customers in the restaurant. The food is always delicious, and I will continue to be a customer of this establishment.

1  Thank Becky F
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Stopped by for a late lunch after it was recommended by our cycling tour guide Rodger. Food super tasty, reasonably priced and friendly service. Highly recommend.