“Surprisingly good!”

Pizza Pasta Ruffino
Ranked #8 of 65 Restaurants in Paihia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Ruffinos Pizza and Pasta has been located in Paihia for 18 years. We specialise in Homemade Pasta and pizzas, you can also create your own pizza. We are now doing gluten free pizza. We are fully licensed and also BYO wine. Dine in or Takeaway available, we do not deliver
Reviewed 11 March 2018

The decor isn’t much but the pizza was excellent, crispy base, fresh ingredients. We had the ruffino’s pizza with tomato sauce, cheese, onion, ham, bacon, garlic and capsicum which was the best! Very good value. Restaurant not on the ground floor but upstairs but look out for the signs. In the main part of Paihia near all the shops.

1  Thank Whitehalltraveller

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We were looking for a quick dinner near our motel and this place got decent comments. They apparently do mostly takeaway business as we were the only people dining in. We ordered a jumbo pepperoni pizza but only got a medium (that's all we were charged for, however). The crust reminded me of the Pizza Hut thin & crispy pizza - my wife's favorite but not mine. The pizza was fine but nothing special. If you're not looking for a gourmet meal, you will probably find this acceptable. Photos are attached.

Thanks for reading. If you’ve found this helpful I’ll appreciate a thumbs up below.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We have dined there twice, both times walking away satisfied. My wife had Lasagna and I had carbonara first time and vegetable fettuccine the second time.
Prompt and polite service.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

An unusual setting (upstairs and down a corridor or two), but the rewards are some of the best pizza you've ever tasted. We had a vegetable (my partner said it was the best she'd ever had) and I chomped on a seafood, which was good but, having said that, the anchovies were extremely salty and the prawns certainly weren't fresh from the bay but, I can't recall a pizza anywhere that had decent prawns.
The restaurant's decor could best be described as basic with not a lot of atmosphere but don't let that detract from your eating experience.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This is a small place, with very basic decor, which offers both take away and eat in options. They serve good food for a fair price. I would recommend.