“Adelaide”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 29
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: UNLIKE MOST PLACES WE NEVER CHARGE HOLIDAY SURCHARGE Live Music Every Sunday Afternoon 3pm - 6pm. Happy Hour Everyday 3pm - 6pm Alfresco's is a family run business that is open everyday from 8.00Am serving freshly produced food and excellent coffee. We strive to give great service anytime of the day.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Awesome seafood platter absolutely perfect. Mussels were great! Service was spot on and atmosphere was also good.

1  Thank michelleleeg2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

With a Great Live Band, excellent food and prompt service - Our Easter Weekend was fantastic due to Alfrescos service. We also had a surprise guests who ordered the Fish and Chips (Wise choice considering that seafood was a specialty in the region!) and we ordered the Seafood Platter which was quite generous and a large variety! We were very pleased and full at the end of our dinner.

Will be back if we're in the area again.

1  Thank ReviewsNZ
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Another referral from our hosts at Appledore Lodge. The restaurant actually sent a driver to Appledore Lodge to collect us, and provided round trip service as a courtesy!! We were blown away! Alfresco's has a relaxed "beachy" feel to it. I had Fish and Chips, my husband had their Lamb, both were well prepared, fresh, and delicious. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on their menu.

1  Thank kithag123
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great breakfast. Best eggs benedict in Paihia. Good for coffee. Efficient service. Great location across from beach.

1  Thank 200KEAM
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We arrived at around 5.15pm (little miss 2 year old get hungry around that time). The waiters were almost a bit too attentive - probably because it wasn't very busy: Within 30 seconds of us sitting down and receiving the menus a staff member asked us if we were decided. Later on, when food had arrived, we were asked by three different waiters if everything was okay. While some people may call this good service, I felt like I was not able to enjoy my dinner in peace and quiet.
Our daughter was given a box of toys and some colouring pens while we waited for our food - it took maybe 10-15 minutes for the entrees to arrive, not long at all.
The entrees (seafood chowder and duck leg) were well priced for the amount of food we received. Both were delicious and would have probably done us if we had known how big the portions actually were.
Our mains (beef burger and cajun chicken burger) were delivered within minutes of the waiter clearing the table. Whether we took too long to finish our entrees and our mains had been sitting in the deep frier or under a heat lamp for too long, I do not know. The beef burger was okay but the fries (although I do like them crunchy) were overdone, only just warm and I could not taste any spice on the overdone chicken patty. The meat was covered in what I personally found was too much crumb and there was hardly any sauce on the burger which made it really dry and hard to eat.
We did point this out to two of the staff members who asked us if we enjoyed the meal. Both were apologetic.
We had seen the restaurant's menu in the folder in our hotel room and came to the restaurant because we loved the dishes that we had read about. However, the menu must have changed and hadn't been updated in our hotel room. This is certainly not the restaurant's fault but we were a bit disappointed with the range of options that the new menu presented. We felt the previous menu had had more finesse to it.
My recommendation would be: Have an entree and a dessert or chose any of the mains but not the burgers.