“Fantastic vegan and veggie food”
Review of Orange Frog

Orange Frog
Ranked #24 of 64 Restaurants in Paihia
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

So lovely to be able to choose from such a range of dishes and all scrumptious. Friendly helpful staff and delicious coffee to boot!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I ordered the grilled mushrooms and it was delicious and comes with a greens shot! Service was friendly and quick and the juices are made fresh!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We come here at least once a week. It's the best organic vegetarian friendly cafe we have been too. Also has sugar fee options. Great vibe.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Popped in for coffee and stayed for lunch. Great salads, imaginative veggie good, gorgeous coffee... and the carrot cake was gooey and yum! An unassuming place in Paihia, it serves fresh and tasty food that's a welcome change from all the BBQ meat we've enjoyed this week. Nice little place.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

The menu sounded fantastic, especially to someone who likes to eat wholesome food, but as I was in a hurry, I just bought a roast vegetable pizza from the cabinet.
Surprisingly (and annoyingly) it tasted dreadful, so much so, my first reaction was to spit it out! The veges were definitely old and they'd used veges such as jeruselum artichokes and parsnips, which didn't lend themselves at all well to this dish. It wasn't cheap, either.

The service was terrible; the waitress virtually ignored my requests to please bring me my food as I needed to leave. I don't consider I was being unreasonable either, given that she'd said it'd take about 7 minutes and I'd already waited about 20. To be fair, the other staff seemed lovely, so it may have well been because she was pregnant and having a hard day. Overall though, I was left with the impression that this place survives on it's trendy healthy food image, rather than it's tastes and I also suspect the cool cats running the show are a little too cool to care.