“Lovely Experience”

Deco City Motor Lodge
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Napier
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. The owners were so lovely and helpful and helped us out with directions and attractions etc.
The motel is just around the corner from a supermarket so very handy. Short 5 min drive to the city which was fine.
Very roomy units and nice and clean too with all we needed for a nice stay.
In other peoples reviews they state the owners told them off about the noise, I would think the owners only did that to look after their other guests and keep everyone happy?
A lovely stay and we will be back. Thanks very much.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mel2468

Reviewed 4 May 2011

Arrived on a weekend without a reservation, as unhappy with accomodation provided by another motel. Clinton has happy to give us choice of rooms, and the 1 bedroom unit provided was great. Kids had seperate bedroom with TV, nice big spa bath in large modern bathroom, kitchen had everything you would need. Although was on a busy road, it was quiet due to double glazing. Everything clean... I recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JaySBee
Reviewed 4 May 2011

we go to Napier just about every year, and never had any problems where we stay.
but this easter we decided to stay at Deco City Motel, and OH MY GOD, what a horrible experience, the lady owner was sooo B***y. she literally, called me up on the phone on my room and abused us for being noise the previous night and that she had one costomer complaining. and in our group we have book 4 roms all together. so she has lost all of us and made us all unsatisfied, for the one complain. that she was sonasty about, i'm seriously writing this and so angry remembering her voice and her attitude.
VERY DESSAPPOINTED, NOT RECCOMMENDED for a group who's going to Napeir for a good time.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank aya78
Clinton G, Manager at Deco City Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

I am sorry for your bad experience.our managers have left the property and we are the owners and have just moved back in. If you contact us direct I am happy to offer a night at no charge

Reviewed 6 March 2011

This is the second time I've stayed here. This time was not as good as the last. I do note there is a change in ownership so that may be the reason. Firstly, I want to also bring up the milk thing. This also happened to us. The lady advised the milk probably would'nt last us the length of our stay. She then proceeded to instruct me where the nearest shop was to purchase more milk. I was quite dumbfounded to be honest. The room was very nice and very spacious. I really enjoyed the spa bath. The walls could use with an update. The minibar was very well priced again, i remember enjoying this from our last visit. The main thing about this visit, was the bed, my partner and I had extremely sore backs the next morning. The bed was sunk in the middle, and it was the worst sleep I've ever had in my life. They definitely need to be checking these things on a regular basis. Sadly we won't be back, but it wasn't completely unpleasant.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cam86nz
Reviewed 20 February 2011

This was our 5th trip to Napier to stay at this motel for the Mission Concert. Every other year we have been very happy with everything this motel had to offer. However, this year, the motel had new people at the front desk who unfortunately made our stay not so good this time around. There ten in our group and we had booked 3 rooms for 3 nights. Our first night, Friday, we were having a few drinks outside one of the rooms (at the front by the pool) and at around 10:30pm the manager came over and rather nastily told us to tone it down. While it wasn't exactly a party, we could understand that maybe other guests could hear us. However, there is a way to approach guests and unfortunately this gentleman got it all wrong. It continued through the weekend, when we went in to ask for extra milk we were told (with not a very nice attitude) that they would have to charge us for it. When my cousin went to check out she was asked very sarcastically "well it seems you had a good time at the concert". As far as we are concerned this type of attitude is completely uncalled for. Needless to say when we checked out we brought it up and reminded them this was our 5th visit to the motel and we'd never had any trouble before. Unfortunately it ended with them telling us they didn't want us back! Needless to say we don't really want to go back. The motel itself is fine - but unfortunately, as far we are concerned, the people managing it need some lessons in customer service.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends