See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

We had a great time staying at Mountain Valley. All the staff were really friendly and the setting is beautiful. We especially loved the horse treck we went on with our lovely guide Rosey- Thanks again!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank StellaM26
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

Our second annual angling club trip and we were again treated to first class hospitality. Doug and Julie have a knack for making you feel like friends and we enjoy the very friendly and professional service. The facility's and food are the icing on the cake, the tranquil surroundings and dare I mention the excellent fishing are a great draw card and it will be our choice of places to stay for a long time to come. 10 out of 10 again, thank you Doug and Julie.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 14 April 2015

Stayed in cute Chalet and slept on mezzanine deck with beautiful morning sunrise aspect.
Home cooked meals generous and tasty. Our one hour horse trek was expertly guided by Rosie and we passed through some magnificent settings. Certainly the most dramatic horse ride I have been on. Good walking country accompanied by the owners' super friendly dogs. Came home with some excellent fossils from the river and fresh picked blackberries.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank 345JulieH345
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Stayed in the Rainbow Lodge -single room -very comfortable, even the mouse was friendly and shared breakfast with me. What a great location -fished myself to a standstill. Everyone very friendly,even the other guests, and especially "the pig". Fantastic to have a restaurant meal and a couple of really cold beers after fishing all day. Have recommended the Lodge to all my fishing friends and heading back next month.
No Electronic Entertainment -Priceless!!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Swoffa1
Reviewed 29 March 2015

We went on a horse trek here last year on our way to Napier, beautiful remote location however our ride was hijacked by several members of staff. After explicitly telling them my companion hadn't ridden in a long time and was rusty, could we please take it steady, within two minutes of setting out on our ride they initiated a canter across a meadow - fast. My companion's horse got very excited and she came off, luckily unhurt. She swapped horses and the rest of the ride was pleasant enough, varied and interesting, however if the staff had been more keen to listen and less keen for a good gallop themselves, the accident would have been avoided. I can't comment on the accomodation or other activities, however I wouldn't choose to ride here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family