“Great food at great price”
Review of Big Fish Eatery

Big Fish Eatery
Ranked #150 of 2,455 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Description: At Big Fish Eatery we take pride in serving a modern take on traditional Pan Asian cuisine. We are inspired by bold Asian flavours, beautiful produce and fresh ingredients to create authentic tantalising dishes. We provide a delivery service to nearby neighborhoods or dine in and takeaways.
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Service was really good, ordered the Teriyaki Salmon, Taylor made fried rice, California roll and two cookie dough desserts. Teriyaki Salmon was such a generous size! Fried rice tasted authentic and used real crab meat for the California rolls which is super rear! And desserts are yummo! Highly recommend

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Amazing food, so delicious. It arrives as it's ready, and is definitely shareable. We ordered pork belly Bao, karaage chicken, duck salad, and fried rice. The karaage had cornflakes coating and was incredible, duck salad was beautiful and fresh.
The bao were a little of a let down for me as there wasn't too much of a contrast in texture between the bun and the meat, and the flavour profile was missing some acidity but I am fussy.

Highly recommend the trip out here!!!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

The good news is that this restaurant does not follow the same "shabby chic" lines of many competitors: real chairs, nice tables, real china, in a decent envelope. Service: also very adequate.
OK - so far good.
Perhaps I was unlucky with my selection: IMHO the food I ordered was just average (Bulgogi Beef), the appetizer actually below average (Karooge Chicken).
It was well presented and definitely looked appetizing, with decently crunchy mouth feeling - but the chicken pieces were devoid of taste.
Marinated beef: texture and taste of meat good, but the complex harmony of taste was killed by an overdose of salty bean sauce ... at least that is what my taste-buds signaled :-(
This was my first sampling at Big Fish. Probably would be worthwhile to go for another test run to confirm or dispel my impression.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

After a frantic day at work sometimes you just cant face cooking/picking up take out. Big fish Eatery is a great option. Healthy, tasty, fast. (home delivery within 1/2 hour)

I ordered Chilli edamame beans, Soft shell crab and a side salad. Everything tasted great with a standout chilli sauce on the edamame beans that was a taste explosion. it was hard to pick a few dishes everything on the menu sounded yum and I will totally be heading back to Big Fish to try the larger plates.

Big bonus that the soft shell crab was still crunchy deep fired goodness by the time the food was delivered. Serving size was generous considering I ordered from the starter and sizes menu.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This out of the way spot is near to work. Very tasty pan-Asian food and a great price. I have eaten here about 5 times and can say I would thoroughly recommend every dish eaten. The portion size is generous for the price.