“8 Courses of devine yumminess with wine pairing”
Review of Merediths - CLOSED

Merediths
Cuisines: International, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2017

We decided to do the 8 course degustation with matching wines and what an experience -the textures and flavours and combinations - What a way to round of the year - We wanted to do this again as it was one of the first degustations we had in Auckland 9 years ago after coming back from Australia and Michael set the bar high for others to follow - he still sets the expectations after all this time - thank you guys for a wonderful meal and evening
Shame you are closing so many people will miss out

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Went to the Saturday 9 course degustation, and requested the matching wines... really glad I did. Chef's choice of dishes with the sommelier's recommended wine. It's hard to match for 9 dishes yourself, so this was a really great option. The meal was amazing, everything was explained and the knowledgeable staff answered every question we had. Go here before it closes!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

This has been on the wish list for a while and like earlier reviewers, we booked quickly when we heard it was closing in December (I think). The 9 course meal was delicious and with multiple food allergies on our table, we left the menu up to the kitchen. The service was attentive and knowledgeable and lovely wine choices. The only reason why I have given a 4 was that by the dessert course our table had multiple water spills and crumbs and were only wiped after we asked for it. I know that its a small thing and in a lesser establishment I would ignore - but this is fine dining and it matters. That didnt take away from the great meal though and I definitely recommend you go to Merediths for a great night.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Wanted to come back after many years on hearing that Michael is closing shop at end of the year. So pleased I did. The food was impeccable. A couple of the courses missed he mark with me but that's just personal taste I think. However there were a few that blew my mind. What also makes this a polished establishment is their excellent staff. Attentive and knowledgable they make such a great team. It is the attention to details that makes this a special night out. If you haven't been before try and get in before this landmark in Auckland cuisine scene is gone. If you have been before - do it again!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing food with that wow. We talked about our food preferences with the waiter and then left it to Michael Meredith to surprise us. Nothing short of wow, balanced flavours every course a delight. Much better than the sugar club which went to earlier in the week. Michael trumped Peter big time.