“Could be my new favourite...”
Review of Yokoso

Yokoso
Ranked #849 of 2,372 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Now I have found , sadly , somewhere that may just eclipse my favourite japanese eating haunt in downtown Auckland. At least in food that is. I ordered the pork Katsu Don with poached egg on top as I always do when first eating in a new place so I can compare with the same dish in other places. And It was delicious. Seriously the egg was done great, the pork was cooked just perfect and even the rice was good. My other half had a noodle dish which kept her happy. The staff were nice enough as all japanese restaurant staff are ...which I really like. You might think there's not much room in the place if it were to get busy...but they have more tables upstairs and I think a private room. The prices are not too bad. Overall worth a return visit and I would recommend to anyone. But my favourite in city hasn't lost my business....at least not yet..

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Great for takeout lunch and the variety is as delicious as it looks. Order from the street window. Everything is fresh and service is great. If choose you may take a seat inside. Recommend this place !!

Reviewed 6 June 2016

If you are looking for a tasty Japanese food lunch then Yokoso does not disappoint. With self serve sushi or food from the menu there is plenty of choice. The chicken curry Katsu is so tasty I have been having it once a week for the last 4 weeks. The poached salmon sushi is also mouth watering. There is so much variety to choose from it can be tricky but the friendly staff are delightful and very helpful.

The decor has a rustic and traditional feel and makes dining in very intimate. If you are lucky you will get to enjoy one of the staff or even one of the regulars play the ukulele that hangs candidly on the wall.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Read the reviews from trip advisor. Ordered take out for 10 teriyaki chicken donburi.

It was ready when I arrived there approximately 40 minutes. They treated me to free sushi, which was a wonderful surprise. Luckily for me I ordered early when they opened, no other customers were there yet.

Wonderful place. Even though it was my first time and a brief encounter, they greeted me kindly, which I appreciate very much. Nice inviting store.

I will definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

I love this sushi place so much! It's been my go-to ever since I lived down the road from it! The service
Is amazing and I have come to be quite the regular customer :) the donburi bowls are the best ever and the sweet chilli chicken sushi