“Good café”
Review of Byzantium Cafe

Byzantium Cafe
Ranked #1,766 of 2,360 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 6 February 2017

The area around here is full of bars and cafés that all seem to do pretty well. We chose this one for no particular reason and were impressed by the standard of the snacks and coffee.

Good place.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Good food, slightly better value for the area restaurants. The staff was very friendly, quick service (though it wasn't very busy at the time of my visit)

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Alright atmosphere and alright food. Nothing special and it's a little cheaper then the rest of ponsonby road

Reviewed 17 April 2016

This was a little disappointing! Service was absolutely shocking! Meals going to the wrong tables, drinks going to the wrong tables, staff going to customers asking what they had ordered again etc..... There was NO ordering system in place! The guy making the coffee etc was so stressed out... Wasn't a comfortable relaxing place to be. Maybe they were just short staffed, who knows. The food was ok but nothing to write home about, the hot chocolate was warm milk..... It was only good because we got it half price through our entertainment book.... Unlikely to go back!

Reviewed 22 February 2016

My daughter and I called for a quick lunch and the Café was near to where we were to have a meeting. First impressions was good. The café itself was laid out well and they had a well stocked food counter. We both ordered smoked chicken Panini's. They were not appetising at all and in fact I left it on my plate. Once seated I realised that everything needs a good clean. The wine glasses hanging above the counter need to be washed and our table had not been wiped down properly. Most people there seemed to be taking advantage of the free wifi and drinking coffee, so I think this is more a café for that. I would not return