“A quick lunch”
Review of Byzantium Cafe

Byzantium Cafe
Ranked #1,779 of 2,371 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 22 February 2016

My daughter and I called for a quick lunch and the Café was near to where we were to have a meeting. First impressions was good. The café itself was laid out well and they had a well stocked food counter. We both ordered smoked chicken Panini's. They were not appetising at all and in fact I left it on my plate. Once seated I realised that everything needs a good clean. The wine glasses hanging above the counter need to be washed and our table had not been wiped down properly. Most people there seemed to be taking advantage of the free wifi and drinking coffee, so I think this is more a café for that. I would not return

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Bad. Avoid. This should sum it up.
Was shocked to taste such no star experience, 6 months after my positive review.

Coffee was watery. Food tasted off. Both of our dishes - chicken burger and salmon hash cake.

What a let down.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

Mango Smoothie was delicious with what seemed like real fruit in it. Coffee okay. Rest was pretty mediocre. Salmon salad full of one lettuce type, hardly no blue cheese and I don't even much like it but it needed something to give some taste. Burger good. Service detached with one lady with a smile but the rest not really interested.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

Ordered 4 coffees, 2 muffins, 1 cake and 2 hot dishes.
the 4 coffees came out tasted so bitter was hard to drink (so didn't)
the 2 hot meals came out.
And after asking staff 3 times for the muffins and cake (which just needed to be put on a plate from the counter and brought out)
I asked for a refund as our coffees had gone cold. the hot dishes were brought out and eaten and still no muffins and cakes.
every time we asked for them the response was yeah yeah yeah

They were anything but busy!!! When we walked in there was probably another 4 people in the café already with there drinks or food. and no one else walked in after us.
so they can't say they were busy!
One girl even took the broom out the front and started sweeping after we had asked for the muffins.

SERIOUSLY DONT NO HOW THEY RUN THE PLACE

2  Thank ffii2015
Reviewed 25 February 2015

Nice little Cafe in a quieter part of the district. Friendly service and good cafe style food. Excellent coffee. Outdoor seating.