“Lots of meat!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Very good value - big bit of meat for a standard price. Tucked away in a lane in the centre of town, this place is pretty unpretentious and does what it says on the packet - you pick your steak or other meat, give it to the cook and you get it as ordered. The salad bar is a one-pass deal, but you probably don't need any more than that. Go easy ordering sides, the steaks are deceptively large and they don't tell you much each portion weighs. Hint - it's a lot.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank DannyRee
Write a reviewReviews (605)

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Went for my brother birthday dinner this year. We paid $50 for one piece of steak and as much of the salad bar as you wanted. The food was amazing and the service was good. We didn't need to wait long for our food and the staff were very friendly.

Date of visit: March 2016
3  Thank Holleylolliepop
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Just had the worst steak of my life here.

1. HYGIENE:
The frustration began with an UNCLEAN piece of meat. People were literally picking up pieces of meat from a communal fridge and walking around with them in open air and then changing their minds and dropping the pieces back into the fridge. I asked for a fresh piece to be brought out and it was totally different in colour to the rest of the meat in the fridge.

2. SERVICE: We were left with one wine menu to share between 9 people and no one came to take a drink order until we jumped and shouted. When the wine finally came it was served on a round tray with soft drinks, wasn't even opened and presented to us.

3. COOKING: What should have been a beautiful juicy medium rare sirloin steak came out looking like a huge 8 cm high rectangular slab of red raw jelly-looking bloody beef. I had to send it back three times. After specifically asking for a butterfly cut it still came back as a slab and then finally as something which was comparable to a curled up piece of shoe leather.

I barely even ate the rim of the meat, left the whole thing on the plate and get this....

Was STILL MADE TO PAY FOR IT.

All of the staff were absolutely rude and lazy except for one young man.

Shocked, disgusted and won't be back again!

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I come often to Auckland for work and I must say every single time I make it here I made it a ritual to come to this restaurant for steak. I love how it's one set price for any steak you choose. The grill guy always assists you in choosing the steak to your liking. It also has all you can eat salad bar that's included. If your a meat lover I would recommend it.

1  Thank JinanMahfouz123
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Limited menu but you pick your own meat and it's cooked out front and the other hot options, grab the self assembled salad and you are away. Great place for steak lovers don't go there expecting a wide ranging menu - what there is is great what's not go somewhere else. Never had a bad steak there over many, many years.

1  Thank John_Walley