“"Good hotel"”

Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Melbourne, Australia
“"Good hotel"”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Only stayed here one night before travelling north but this hotel was very good and very close to Queen Street....just a 10 min walk. Extremely comfortable and clean which is all one needs really. Good value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom while over-nighting. Very small rooms and bathrooms but good value - Pullman is next door so options are there - free wireless which is a huge bonus. Nice towles and bed.

• Stayed March 2012
Oakura, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I travel a lot and needed a hotel near Vector Arena. Found this one. thought I was booking through the hotel website but it was a broker (Centralr). I selected the executive one bedroom. Upon arrival, they gave me a tiny one bedroom, did not say the room had been changed. When I called in the morning to say, you gave me the wrong room the manager (Harry) said sorry nothing we can do you booked through a broker. To make a long story short, I had to argue with multiple people at the front desk that it is simply wrong that I pay for the a room I was not given. They were rude and arrogant. It was an awful experience. and too boot, even the tiny room had outdated decor and a bathroom is like a small closet.

Room Tip: Make sure you book through the hotels website.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 1monkeymama
ManagerBOQ, General Manager at The Quadrant Hotel and Suites Auckland, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Monkey Mam,

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate honest feedback as it helps us as a property to improve.

I note from checking your booking that you were in fact refunded the difference of the room you booked and the room you were moved in to, further my Duty Manager Harry also provided you with a complimentary buffet breakfast in our restaurant due to your inconvenience. I am glad Harry showed this sort of initiative in our industry.

Take care and safe travels back Oakura

Udai Sarin

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Gisborne
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Although close to the vector arena we think next time we stay for an event we will walk a little further. We opted for the up grade to a larger room which was another bedroom inclosed in a glass wall which could be slid back to give you more living area. Table in this area had slots/holes as the design which made it not as practical to put your cup of coffee on - the coffee was not replaced in room service. The bathroom was very cramped and we did use the extra bed/room to put our bags in and get changed after our shower. Views over towards the harbour and the quiet side of the hotel were appreciated. A new reception area was installed the weekend we stayed which looked great and found staff helpful. We walked past the bar/resturant which seemed open to everyone walking along the corridor and not really a room. We felt the Quadrant had a 'hostel feel'.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is a belated review for a really outstanding hotel.

I stayed here 3 nights when i visited Auckland and could not have picked a better place. One of the better hotels I have ever stopped at over the years. I cant fault it in anyway. One thing I would say about my experience of 4 star hotels is that the websites and receptions are all front but when you get into the rooms they are disappointing but not here. Rooms are superbly well furnished and excellent, so clean and well equipped and spacious too.

If you get chance use this hotel

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo