1,293 results
All reviews washing machine sky tower two bedroom apartment complimentary breakfast queen street self contained auckland city cooking facilities full kitchen central location washer kitchenette oven harbour stove laundry convenience
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights. The beds were really comfortable, you can regulate your room temperature, they offer a quick breakfast (they leave it in your room the previous night), it is well located in Auckland (near the highway but also close to the city)

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Booked on price as we only needed 1 night accom in Auckland. Really it is over priced. A very dismal type of place with absolutely no ambience. Staff polite at check in & check out. We were happy to get out of there though. Would not stay there again, it's in dire need of reno/revamp/overhaul.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have to say right from the outset that price was a deciding factor when it came to booking my accommodation in Auckland and on that front, VR Auckland City delivers.
It also delivered a relatively comfortable night's stay and is centrally located, with restaurants, convenience stores and the Sky City complex and tower close by.
It's also in close proximity to the city's Northern and Southern Motorways, making for an easy escape from the CBD.
Parking in the basement of the hotel comes at an extra cost and the walk down into Queen Street (Auckland's retail heart) might pose a challenge to those who aren't the best at walking.
An included breakfast was pre-packed sandwiches, a muffin and a boxed juice.
The main issue for me, however, was that VR Auckland just felt grubby. Like the carpet was in need of a deep clean and the tiles hadn't been cleaned for ages. In fact, some of the tiles in the kitchen were broken (pictured), the cookware was a bit old and the rangehood was literally being held into place with sticky tape (pictured).
So convenience and price great, the cleanliness and presentation not so.
Hence a straight-down-the-middle two and a half stars from me.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My son and I have just had a 4 day stay. I was a bit worried after reading some not so good reviews.
It was ok for us. Apartment was roomy and the two bedrooms gave each our own space.
Beds were comfortable and location excellent.
I would stay there again.
The only downside was that the clothes dryer didn’t work after washing our clothes but the staff were able to dry our clothes before we departed.
It is at best 3 star but as I said it was clean and comfortable

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

This place needs a really good clean and some tlc! Its basic to say the least and quite depressing even when your not spending much time there... location good and reception staff friendly but that is really all that can be said for this place, its a shame as could be great with some time and effort .....

Trip type: Travelled with family