“great asian cusine”

Masu
Ranked #23 of 2,456 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: "A passion for flavour and dedication to detail" Welcome to MASU, the exciting Japanese robata restaurant and bar located in the Federal Street dining precinct. MASU brings atmosphere, passion and a contemporary twist to the traditional robata style of cooking over an open charcoal grill. My philosophy is simple - use fresh local ingredients, enhance the natural flavours of each dish and let the food speak for itself. This pure approach to cuisine is reflected in our clean, natural decor. Add to this a lively, informal atmosphere and you have a beautifully bold and dramatically different style of Japanese dining in the heart of Auckland. Nic Watt
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Centrally located in the city and a taste sensation. Not your run of the mill asian restaurant. Friendly staff, sometimes depending on where you are seated you do feel crammed in but worth the visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Most beautiful food, gorgeously presented. Sit at the sushi bar if you can to see it all going on. Lovely staff. Great rice wine cocktails

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Came here for the Sunday brunch deal for my partner's birthday party. Was well catered for, and they took fantastic care of one of my dining party who is allergic to sesame.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Went to Masu for a business lunch with a client. Ordered the set menu and had a couple of beers and Saki. The waitress thought we did not know much about Japanese food so sort of talked down to us (most dissatisfying). I guess she did not know I have visited Japan and eat Japanese food at least 3-4 times a month and have been doing so for years.
The drinks were fine, service and the food was good, I had the $65 set lunch. Which I believe was overpriced based on the quantity served. I know that in many of the other good Japanese restaurants around Auckland a similar set lunch time meal would have been under $40.
I believe when it comes to good Japanese restaurants Auckland has many, Masu is one of them but is overpriced for its food and drinks.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

The best Japanese food . Nice ambient .nice wine and service ..and the view. I Really recommended it.
Best Japanese food in Auckland .