“Divine sweetnesses”

Ranked #6 of 70 Dessert in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

After a dinner elsewhere, popped in at Milse for some deserts but could not get a table and was told to wait for at least forty minutes. Took away some macaroons, chocolate slabs, gelato sticks, and some tarts from the patisserie menu. They were great .... apart from the wasteful over packaging.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful little dessert shop in a beautiful area of the city. I always pop in when I'm visiting Auckland and get a box of macaroons to take home, so colourful and delicious they make a great gift and the friendly staff always present them in a gorgeous box and ribbon. There's a whole range of other treats and ice creams, the shop is small and crammed full of people which adds to the charm and gives it a fun vibe. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We were in the city for an event and thought we would get some dessert - takeaway as it was a clear night for once! We both got an icecream ($8 each) and another item to share.
My ice cream was salted caramel and hazelnut and it was amazing! 100% recommend! My partner got an orange and chocolate icecream, except the orange in it was a thick layer along the back but it was of a jelly type and the icecream was more of a sorbet..he wasnt that satisfyed about it but ended up eating it.
The extra piece we got was a hard shell chocolate ball that had mouse and other bits inside - it was a replica of a Ferrero Rocher but in a bigger dessert form - roughly the size of a tennis ball. Wow this was delicious! Both of us thoroughly enjoyed this but glad we split it as it was very rich!
If you are in the city and want to spurge on a dessert - check it out!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and I were on our first visit to Auckland and we read in the pamphlets in the hotel room that we should visit the area called Britomart. The area consists of restaurants/cafes and a variety of specialty shopping. In one of the pamphlets there was a bakery reviewed that made amongst other things a baked good that I had had in the past and had not had in a long time as I could no longer find it in any of the bakeries where we currently live. So, we headed out on a mission to find this bakery. As things happen between leaving the hotel and getting over to the Britomart area we forgot the name of the bakery. Of course there are several bakeries in the area. That being said, Milse was the first bakery we went into. My partner and I looked over the baked goods on offer but could not see the item we were looking for and thought that maybe this was the wrong place. One of the staff members approached us asking if we were happy looking and at first we were but when we didn't find what were were looking for I thought I would ask the girl/lady if they carried/made the item. Anyway, when I asked the girl if they carried the item she had a problem understanding me. I repeated myself three times and she even got closer in case there was some type of hearing deficiency on her side or an inability to pronounce on my side. Anyway, I finally told the girl what was in the item which she immediately replied to me that Milse didn't make anything with that kind of filling. She made it sound like their bakery would never make anything with that kind of filling. As soon as she told me they didn't make the item she started to go about her business. She had apparently answered my question and since I wasn't going to buy anything from her she wasn't going to give me any more of her time. While I asked the girl about the item we were wanting there was a young man there taking pictures of the baked goods for what I assumed would be some kind of advertisement. As soon as I told the girl what the baked good had in it he suddenly said, " Oh that's made at another bakery..." and I stood there and said and can you tell me where that is? The girl completely ignored me as if I had already left. And the young man never said another word. I stood there for a almost a full minute waiting for a reply and then threw my hands in the air and turned around and stormed out. I would have expected in the name of good customer service that if you knew where I could get the item you would have told me where to get said item. As the customer, albeit I was unable to get the item from Milse, I would have remembered in the future that they had been very helpful in the past and because of that I would g back to Milse when I was looking for something new or different. But based n her rudeness and attitude I wouldn't buy anything from Milse if you paid me and I will tell all of our friends not to shop there.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I have been here a few times over the last year and I've never found any of the dishes memorable.

Novelty bars from a service station are just as nice, but for half the price.

The layout of the shop doesn't allow for great flow.

There are lots of other gourmet dessert places that in my opinion are more deserving of your money.

The staff were great but that was about the only thing I didn't find subpar.